• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Ray's Pager Sale $30 off

Status
Not open for further replies.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
This might be odd coming from me but my love for this hobby comes FIRST.
I own a G4 I am passing this on as I saw it on Facebook.

Ray's pager has a two day sale
30 dollars off G4 and G5 pagers
TWO DAYS ONLYFLASH SALE - Unication G4 Pager - 2 DAYS ONLY!

SAVE $30 Enter Code FLASHG4 at checkout

G5 same 30 off Enter code FLASHG5 at check out.

Jeff

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Heh, it even pops up on their web site. I would think simply dropping the price by $30 would generate more sales versus a flash/HTML popup.

truckie36

Feed Provider
Still higher than my local radio shop's everyday price.

Last edited:

ten13

Premium Subscriber
Has competition...aka "the free market".... with Uniden's SDS-100 taken a toll on Unication?

Probably between the two of them (the 100 and the G5) I would want the G5, except it appears too complicated to program (unless you don't have a life, and can spend days doing it).

For me, the "radio" is just a tool for what I do otherwise. It's not the interest itself. So spending too much time trying to figure out the programing would be a handicap and probably interfere with other interests.

Maybe, if I wait long enough, I'll hear of someone wishing to sell their already-programmed G5 in the NY/NJ area for a decent price, so they can buy the 100....!

truckie36

Feed Provider
Dealers have sales territories and may not be able to sell outside of them. Mine sells at the MAP price of $625.50. Although, the Phase II price will probably go up after the promotion expires at the end of the month.

truckie36

Feed Provider
Maybe that is true now but the last time he asked Unication he was told that he could sell G1s nationwide and G4/G5s in state only.

Looks like Ray's price includes shipping witch puts it in line with the MAP. If you have a local brick & mortar you can avoid the shipping charges for the best price.

Status
Not open for further replies.