Lebanon County - HARRIS RF COM - EDACS System

Status
Not open for further replies.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
The new Consoles have been installed and are so much better. a few kinks are still left but there being worked on.

now everyone has a full dispatch console / work station.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
NORTH

453.31250 * LCN1
453.71250 * LCN2
460.13750 * LCN3
460.26250 * LCN4
460.46250 * LCN5
453.07500 * LCN6 ** NEW **

DB has been updated.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Now they are testing a new LCN for the South Site, LCN#8 is 453.3375, it is only being used in LCN test mode and is currently not availale to system users.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I believe the Lawn System is the one you want. It gets marginal reception in the Ephrata area. You can also try the Millcreek System since that's probably the closest to Ephrata but it doesn't carry much traffic except local traffic. The Lawn System doesn't carry everything either but it's not bad. You can't get the main systems from Ephrata.

jimsmowin

can some one tell me what my settings should be on a 2096. i am having trouble getting it to recieve lebanon. it is used in a mobile while i am in lebanon co. thanks

pop_tart_man

edcas system

is there a certian order they have to be in when i program my scanner. Also i am having trouble programing a pro 2053 with the trucking but its the exact same way in my pro 164 as well as my bct15x I have all four site in all the scanners i am not sure if that good or not. The bct15x is always in my car and the pro 164 usually stays home or in myerstown. The pro 2053 picks up berks conventional just fine.

Last edited:

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Is there something wrong with 460.1125 on the Lawn system? I was into Millcreek Twp in Lebanon county the other day and I was monitoring that system. And on two different radios the system was received beautifully except for that one frequency which wouldn't come in at all. How come? Is that the right frequency info in the db?

ra7850

Lebanaon EDACS

I commute through Lebanon county daily on I-81 going to Harrisburg, I have a Uniden BCT15X scanner and have programmed the Lebanon system from the database here on radio reference with the FreeScan software but I have yet to hear anything from any sites on this system. I can pick up everything else so I know its not the radio or the antenna. I can pick up the FITG frequencies as well as mil-air over the gap almost to Hazleton. I have all 4 sites programmed in but I'm not sure what site/sites I should be able to receive along 1-81. Can anyone help? The latitude and longitude coordinates for all 4 sites are the same so I can't plot out the radius from the towers. Does anyone have updated coordinates?

Thanks,
Robert

ExplorerII

Lebanon EDACS

The North system tower is located near Grantville that's the one you want to listen to. They did add a new control channel to that site last year. So load the latest freq. from radio ref.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Sure has been quiet in here as of late... But with EOL coming to the EDACS Radio system via Harris, it will soon be time to look into the long term plans of a p25 II system.

hawks481

Finally

Been awhile since I checked the forum but a provoice scanner...I may go scanner shopping now. Looks like its only Unidens BCD536HP & BCD436HP that have the update available.

ocguard

A very quick question to "stir up" a thread that's been quiet for a while. I have been frequenting Lebanon County recently visiting family there, and decided to finally program in their system for listening. I do miss the distinct sounds of EDACS from my OCMD days.

Do radios on this system "roam" between sites/sub-systems as they move from one footprint to another? Or does the user have to manually select which system they wish to operate on.

Also, it was explained in a previous post that the south system is a simulcast but Millcreek and Cornwall are stand-alone systems. Is this still true?

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
A very quick question to "stir up" a thread that's been quiet for a while. I have been frequenting Lebanon County recently visiting family there, and decided to finally program in their system for listening. I do miss the distinct sounds of EDACS from my OCMD days.

Do radios on this system "roam" between sites/sub-systems as they move from one footprint to another? Or does the user have to manually select which system they wish to operate on.

Also, it was explained in a previous post that the south system is a simulcast but Millcreek and Cornwall are stand-alone systems. Is this still true?
The whole system is simulcast. The cornwall and millcreek sites are only active if a radio if affiliate on those sites. The radios auto select from the strongest control channels signal.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
I've heard a rumor that Lebanon County is going to be doing a upgrade of the radio system or radio's?
Yes DES is working on building out a p25 digital phase 2 trunked radio system to replace our current End of Life EDACS analog trunked radio system.

squadman

Feed Provider
Yes DES is working on building out a p25 digital phase 2 trunked radio system to replace our current End of Life EDACS analog trunked radio system.

Thanks for the information, any idea of a timeframe for it to be deployed? Once that changeover happens Lebanon County Audio Feeds may be going away or at least only having 1 feed.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks for the information, any idea of a timeframe for it to be deployed? Once that changeover happens Lebanon County Audio Feeds may be going away or at least only having 1 feed.
May not have anything to monitor, the current plan us to encrypt the entire system 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.