Two Tone Detect HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidVT

Feed Provider
Attached is a screen shot showing what you are looking for. This one is for a tone set of 322/338. Until TTD starts receiving audio with tone indications like this, it won’t decode. Perhaps you need to adjust your scanner volume or otherwise improve the audio.

I don't think the radio audio is reaching TTD. As a test, can you switch the radio to a weather channel and then see the TTD data scrolling start and stop when you turn the weather channel on and off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DC31

Feed Provider
When I try to play a audio file from my computer it does not seem to pickup on Two tone detect.

Any Suggestions??

firefighter2254

You will need to describe your setup in more detail for us to be of much help. How are you “playing” audio on your computer and expecting TTD to hear it?

DC31

Feed Provider
I have a radio that is plugged in to the audio jack. I have messed with the audio defaults but still nothing.

First, prove that audio is getting to your computer. Open the squelch or set the radio to the weather channel and see if you can get audio out of the computer speakers. You will need to cross this hurdle before anything else will work.

infernome2

Sound issues w/ v70

Hello! We purchased a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 w/ a combo microphone/speaker jack. We have installed the plug to separate the two jacks so the computer is not using the internal webcam mic.

The mp3 files are extremely distorted and quiet. Any suggestions?

davidVT

Feed Provider
Firefighter2253,
Can you set the radio to a weather channel with known good signal and test the connections with that first?

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Bindings

Afternoon Gang,

I am running into this issue... Sometimes TTD will open as it should, and other times this will pop-up.

Does anyone know how to workaround and or resolve this issue?

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 16.06.31.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 16.06.31.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 77

fire701

Feed Provider
Having Trouble with my Two Tone Detect

Running Windows Xp on a Dell Computer

Sometimes it works but most of the time it does not I have attached screenshot of the program when it is receiving the tones but it will not start recording. It gets the two tones which are 650 and 607 but will not start recording. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1724.JPG
    IMG_1724.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1723.JPG
    IMG_1723.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 61

davidVT

Feed Provider
This may be down the wrong path but...
Can you hear this on the pic speaker while being processed?
I ask because the squelch seems set very high. I am curious if the audio is breaking through..
The numbers on the terminal suggests it is but I thought I would ask.

nated1992

Running Windows Xp on a Dell Computer

Sometimes it works but most of the time it does not I have attached screenshot of the program when it is receiving the tones but it will not start recording. It gets the two tones which are 650 and 607 but will not start recording. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

To start try turning the scanner volume, mic/line in volume and in gain levels down, the audio spike seems really high
Second older dell sound cards are good to go bad. You can order a usb audio card for like 10 bucks and ttd loves them.

Third check your settings related to recording you didnt post any pictures of your settings pages...

But that's where I would start

cpcp2525

Okay so first time attempting to use two tone detect and I have no idea what's going on with the software. I downloaded the latest version and entered all the tones I want it to pick up. Not a minute after I was done doing that the software crashes. When I try to reopen it, the program goes "not responding" immediately. I am running the application from the folder that I downloaded it to, because it does not come with an installer. Which leads me to my next question, how do you install it properly? I am so confused and frustrated with it so I'm turning to the forum in a last ditch effort to figure it out before I abandon the software all together.

Thanks in advance!
I'm new at all of this but we had to change our email password and every thing seems to work but we get lots of DOS windows wanting to know if we want to overwrite ffmpeg.exe with every page. Not to sure what to do or not do. Didn't see any thing in the logs. Thanks
Dan

fire701

Feed Provider
DavidVP and Nated1992

Thanks for the help I changed to USB card and it worked that time. Will see how it does next time. Thanks

nated1992

I'm new at all of this but we had to change our email password and every thing seems to work but we get lots of DOS windows wanting to know if we want to overwrite ffmpeg.exe with every page. Not to sure what to do or not do. Didn't see any thing in the logs. Thanks
Dan

Can you post pictures and logs?

Status
Not open for further replies.