TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

JunebugKFD257

Feed Provider
I'm here because it has been over 2 years since my last TTD upgrade. The software has been working nicely.

Is there a location where I can find updated information on TTD? (GUI update?) With a bunch of new hires I have to learn how to program it all over again and I forget (low turnover job).

Any help available?

putterizer

I'm here because it has been over 2 years since my last TTD upgrade. The software has been working nicely.

Is there a location where I can find updated information on TTD? (GUI update?) With a bunch of new hires I have to learn how to program it all over again and I forget (low turnover job).

Any help available?

You shouldn't have to "program it all over again".
All you need to do is edit the members that the program sends alerts to.
Locate the folder where the TTD is, open up the tones.cfg file and edit the list of members you want messages sent to. Add in your new people, and remove any if you need to.

You can also use the GUI to do so if that is easier. Locate the folder where the TTD is, open up the ToneEditor***.exe file and edit the list of members by clicking on the Add or Delete buttons.

The site for TTD is here, which has information on adding and editing too: TwoToneDetect

JunebugKFD257

Feed Provider
Thanks for replying:

I have all my fines in Google Drive, and I make changes remotely using TeamViewer. The last time I did an upgrade, I ended up losing all of my data and had to start from scratch.

What's the best way to perform a software upgrade without losing everything? (Maybe I just answered my own question by making a copy of the tones.cfg file?)

Last edited:

putterizer

Thanks for replying:

I have all my fines in Google Drive, and I make changes remotely using TeamViewer. The last time I did an upgrade, I ended up losing all of my data and had to start from scratch.

What's the best way to perform a software upgrade without losing everything? (Maybe I just answered my own question by making a copy of the tones.cfg file?)

You basically answered your own question. You are correct, make a copy of your config and tones file and copy it into the new updated folder of TTD. That is how I do mine. Make sure you put ffmpeg in the new folder as well.

tgoode

Premium Subscriber
Two Tone 69a

Hello, I have been trying for weeks to get a new set of tones to work on my system. they are 1084.1 and 716.1
I set this up just like the other 8 I have running on my system and it never seems to pick them up. I also installed Tone Finder and it see's these tones as 903 and 725 so I replaced 1084.1 and 716.1 with these and the system still wont pick these up either. Not sure what else I can do? Any help is greatly appreciated.

dlnorth

I am getting the following error when trying to open TwoToneDetect in the debug:

"Please build and install the PortAudio Python bindings first"

I have gotten the error in the past and just tried a few more times and it opened, but this time I can not get it to open at all.

Did you ever figure out what was causing this error? I'm getting it now too after upgraded to v70. Versions 69 and lower will open without giving me that error message.

TheElkScanner

Premium Subscriber
I upgraded from v69 to v70 a few months ago. We had the internet go out for a few hours after a storm the other day. I went into my audio logs to see if their were any pages I missed while the internet was out. I found out it hasn't stored a page since April 30th. How can I get v70 to store audio again?

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I upgraded from v69 to v70 a few months ago. We had the internet go out for a few hours after a storm the other day. I went into my audio logs to see if their were any pages I missed while the internet was out. I found out it hasn't stored a page since April 30th. How can I get v70 to store audio again?

This is typically a symptom of not having ffmpeg installed correctly. Check the audio files that have been sent...if they are WAV files and not MP3/AMR files, ffmpeg isn't there.

Andy

TheElkScanner

Premium Subscriber
The audio files have all been sent in a MP3 format. I had added a new set of tones into it after I went to v70 and it saved all of them correctly. It just seems it randomly stopped saving the audio.

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
I'm having an issue with v70 just suddenly. One on Windows 7 and one 10. Both have multiple instances of TTD running but a second and third instance on each machine is giving me an error "Failed To Execute Script TwoToneDetect70"

Nothing runs when I try debug and I get the same message when trying to run the Editor also.

All of this while the other instances are still running. I even tried copying the folder and placing the config file back in but still get the same error.

jlmounts14

Raspberry Pi TTD Audio Issue

I'm running TTD v70 on a raspberry pi 3. Software runs great for the most part, and does what we need. The problem I'm having is at startup.

In order to start the software, I have to first open pavucontrol, then execute the TwoToneDetect70.pyc file. If I don't open pavucontrol first, i get an error message "TwoToneDetect had trouble finding or accessing an audio device on your system", and the software will not start. Is there a way I can get around this, also is there a way I can set the program to launch when the PI boots, this way I won't have any issues of missed dispatches due to the software not restarting if the PI looses power?

Sorry if this is basic, I'm a total newbie with linux.

DC31

Feed Provider
I'm running TTD v70 on a raspberry pi 3. Software runs great for the most part, and does what we need. The problem I'm having is at startup.

In order to start the software, I have to first open pavucontrol, then execute the TwoToneDetect70.pyc file. If I don't open pavucontrol first, i get an error message "TwoToneDetect had trouble finding or accessing an audio device on your system", and the software will not start. Is there a way I can get around this, also is there a way I can set the program to launch when the PI boots, this way I won't have any issues of missed dispatches due to the software not restarting if the PI looses power?

Sorry if this is basic, I'm a total newbie with linux.

Here is how I do it:

Create an autostart folder if it doesn’t exist. See image below for correct folder location. In that folder create two files: pavucontrol.desktop and TwoToneDetect.desktop. Put in the lines from the other two images. You may run into permissions problems editing these files. If so, one way around this is to use the nano text editor in the terminal window and precede it with sudo (sudo nano ...)

Reboot and pavucontrol will start first then TTD will launch. Then, if you want, add the following line to your crontab file (crontab -e) to close the pav window after 90 seconds.

@reboot sleep 90 ; pkill -9 pavucontrol

If you are truly a “total newbie” you may find this a little challenging, especially the permissions part. I am really only about ten days ahead of you on the newbie part. Don’t bang your head against the wall trying to figure it out. Send me a Private Message and I will work with you to get it going.

Jim

Attachments

• 82631DCA-4C17-42A2-83CF-550B7C59F3D1.jpg
    82631DCA-4C17-42A2-83CF-550B7C59F3D1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 240
  • 92FC8509-9B8B-49BA-8F27-C19BA461D939.jpg
    92FC8509-9B8B-49BA-8F27-C19BA461D939.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 237
  • 71170398-E58F-4B60-9AD7-8748E4C50FC5.jpg
    71170398-E58F-4B60-9AD7-8748E4C50FC5.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:

worlandff

Andy: When I open the program, (70) the audio squelch bar shows about 2/3 of full, but no audio. Is this a noise issue in my computer? It does not change even if I disconnect the scanner from the sound card. I'm using the line out on a Realistic Pro2020, which causes the bar to move about half-way over to full from the stationary 2/3 reading when I open the squelch. I was able to get the program to load after setting the input and output indexes to 0, and it is now recognizing the tones, and the record volume is adequate, but wondering if I need to troubleshoot the audio level.

jlmounts14

Had to change the python code at in the boot file for TTD because of it being an executable (./TwoToneDetect70), but other than that it worked perfectly. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE HELP!!!

Here is how I do it:

Create an autostart folder if it doesn’t exist. See image below for correct folder location. In that folder create two files: pavucontrol.desktop and TwoToneDetect.desktop. Put in the lines from the other two images. You may run into permissions problems editing these files. If so, one way around this is to use the nano text editor in the terminal window and precede it with sudo (sudo nano ...)

Reboot and pavucontrol will start first then TTD will launch. Then, if you want, add the following line to your crontab file (crontab -e) to close the pav window after 90 seconds.

@reboot sleep 90 ; pkill -9 pavucontrol

If you are truly a “total newbie” you may find this a little challenging, especially the permissions part. I am really only about ten days ahead of you on the newbie part. Don’t bang your head against the wall trying to figure it out. Send me a Private Message and I will work with you to get it going.

Jim

car5le

Premium Subscriber
Good evening! I've installed Tone Editor and Two Tone Detect v70 on an XP machine. Configuration is set up to the point where I'm able to send email to texts. I'm running into two issues.

1. When I send Admin E-Mail to tests settings (sending to an AT&T phone) it will send the text, but will not send the mp3 file. Is there an issue with the AT&T capturing and sending the mp3 file?

2. When sending test pages via a handheld radio, the tone frequencies are off on in the "Tone Frequency:" section. It should read 443.7 and 368.5, but all I'm getting is 440/376 - so it's not creating an mp3 file. I've tried two separate handheld from different manufacturers to send the tones, but get the same results. Any ideas?

Thanks!

DC31

Feed Provider
Good evening! I've installed Tone Editor and Two Tone Detect v70 on an XP machine. Configuration is set up to the point where I'm able to send email to texts. I'm running into two issues.

1. When I send Admin E-Mail to tests settings (sending to an AT&T phone) it will send the text, but will not send the mp3 file. Is there an issue with the AT&T capturing and sending the mp3 file?

2. When sending test pages via a handheld radio, the tone frequencies are off on in the "Tone Frequency:" section. It should read 443.7 and 368.5, but all I'm getting is 440/376 - so it's not creating an mp3 file. I've tried two separate handheld from different manufacturers to send the tones, but get the same results. Any ideas?

Thanks!
1. Try sending the amr file rather than the mp3. It is much smaller.
2. You are close enough so those tones should decode. Set your tone tolerance to 2%. Better yet, set your Atone to 440 and Btone to 376 and see if that works better.

k1jak

Feed Provider

Thanks!

Are you sending them to phonenumber@mms.att.net? It works for our fire department.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
After moving, I just reimaged my Pi with DC31's TTD image. The Pavucontrol comes up fine and I see audio activity on the meter, however TTD starts and shows nothing. When I run it manually I get a whole slew of errors, the first one being: Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.front.0:CARD=0' (entire error log attached).

I don't recall having to make any changes the last time I did this, is there another setting I need to adjust?

Attachments

• error.txt
    11.5 KB · Views: 27

DC31

Feed Provider
After moving, I just reimaged my Pi with DC31's TTD image. The Pavucontrol comes up fine and I see audio activity on the meter, however TTD starts and shows nothing. When I run it manually I get a whole slew of errors, the first one being: Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.front.0:CARD=0' (entire error log attached).

I don't recall having to make any changes the last time I did this, is there another setting I need to adjust?

That slew of errors is normal, don’t let them concern you.

Go into the Recording tab in PAVucontrol and make sure that TTD (identified as python 2.7) is taking its input from the usb sound card