Sentinel and Radio Reference database

Status
Not open for further replies.

boy7777777777

I am wondering why Sentinel doesn’t import new sites in a trunked system or am I missing the option somewhere. Example.... I have Entergy already in my 436hp. There has been new sites updated in the Radio Reference database. They have been in the database for a few weeks now. I updated the Sentinel database but the new sites are not in there.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I am wondering why Sentinel doesn’t import new sites in a trunked system or am I missing the option somewhere. Example.... I have Entergy already in my 436hp. There has been new sites updated in the Radio Reference database. They have been in the database for a few weeks now. I updated the Sentinel database but the new sites are not in there.

Did you "write" the database update to your scanner after you updated it in Sentinel?

It's a 2 step process.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
And if you have it as a favorite list, updating the database will not update your personal setup favorite lists, only updates the national database on the scanner.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Man I hate this scan by zip code stuff. Learn how to program your radio properly either with sentinel or another software package. Learn the layout of the memory and make your own Favorites, Systems, and Deptartments/Site lists. You will be truly amazed at how much better scanning can be when you do it he hard way and program it your self. Other wise you are at the mercy of the data base and the software which requires you to copy and paste the new sites or other data from the data base list into a system list in your favorites list. It's a lot easier when you have a good general understanding of the how the memory works.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

boy7777777777

Yes I wrote the database to the scanner after I updated it on Sentinel. It still doesn’t show the new sites in the database on the scanner. And also that’s what I’ve ended up doing. I just programmed it myself into the scanner. I was just wondering why Sentinel wouldn’t do it.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Yes I wrote the database to the scanner after I updated it on Sentinel. It still doesn’t show the new sites in the database on the scanner. And also that’s what I’ve ended up doing. I just programmed it myself into the scanner. I was just wondering why Sentinel wouldn’t do it.

Can you post a direct link to the system in the RR database you are asking about?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There's a bunch of missing data in the RR database, like where a bunch of the sites are actually located (the county is listed as a comma or "UNKNOWN").

Uniden doesn't include some of the more blatant forms of garbage data in their Sentinel data pull. A site's location coordinates, county, and state need to be filled in to show in Sentinel properly.

If you know the correct data to fill in what's missing, do a database submission, and that will fix the problem in Sentinel for everyone.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I just looked, and that system is in the HPDB. Got to it by:

USA --> Arkansas --> Arkansas --> Statewide --> Entergy (P25)

Status
Not open for further replies.