SDS100/SDS200: Nip it In the Bud

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Same here, no email yet. I'm wondering if they are notifying in the order of the scanners shipped date. I remember that I received my scanner the same day you posted that yours arrived.

I've checked my Uniden registration, everything is correct. Guess I'll just have to keep checking.
I wonder if they are confusing an email from ScannerMaster (referenced below) with the expected Uniden email regarding the battery,
I received that same email today but it was from Scanner Master with the subject line "Uniden SDS100 August Update." Here is exactly what it stated verbatim:

"If you already own the SDS100 make sure you register the unit through the Uniden website. Replacement batteries and doors should be shipping soon directly from Uniden."

SCPD

QRT
Universal Radio

Ordered the AA5000-1 AC switching power supply 100~240 VAC to 12 VDC 5A.from Universal Radio
$123.95
Received wrong AA2300 power adapter!
Universal Radio sent without asking !!
Did not fit the Power Connector on the receiver !!!
Universal Radio did not help-- product is non-returnable for credit!!!!
I Will NOT buy from Universal Radio anymore !!!!!

Last edited:

w4amp

Premium Subscriber
Have not fully discharged the original battery yet. Usually use it at home. Took it out with the display on only when receiving and it lasted three hours with some voltage left.

Last edited:

walt991

SDS 100 New Battery Shipping Method

UPMAN- What shipping method are you going to use to send out the new batteries? I'm moving in the middle of September and want to make sure the battery makes it to my correct address. Will you send out a shipping notice prior to shipping so I can change my address in needed?

bgav

Premium Subscriber
UPMAN- What shipping method are you going to use to send out the new batteries? I'm moving in the middle of September and want to make sure the battery makes it to my correct address. Will you send out a shipping notice prior to shipping so I can change my address in needed?

You can change your shipping address in your MyUniden account under "Edit My User Account".

marksmith

What makes no sense to me as why Uniden hasn't just made a removable battery pack and drop in charger like their marine radio or the same form factor. While I appreciate the fact Uniden is addressing the battery life issue; just image how long it's going to take to charge that thing attached to the radio; after all, the current battery already takes forever. Why the didn't go with AA's again I have no idea. I'm very sad to have once again been a Uniden beta tester; I should have stuck to my guns. Oh well, encryption will soon take over and they'll be no need to be a paying beta tester again. :roll:
With 3-4 times the power needed than the 436, because of extra processors, etc. The AA batteries (4) would last under an hour.

Mark
SDS100/536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
My original batt is lasting an average of 3.5 hours with full color display. Recharged and ran using only black background/white text display and it ran 4.5 hours, an hour longer.

SCPD

QRT
7 hours on open squelch display on normal poor reception day on a good reception day 5 hours set to open squelch only

TDHG4U61

Premium Subscriber
Now that people are receiving SDS-100's with the new battery. I'm looking forward to seeing posts on their run time.

My original battery provides between 5-1/2 to 6 hours of run time. Based on the specs, the new battery should supply roughly 33% more run time. So I'm hoping for 8-1/2 to 9 hours.

Also interested in recharge times.

Well, I recently sold my SDS because it has taken me 9 hours to charge the stock battery, perhaps longer with the bigger battery.

SCPD

QRT
7 hours on open squelch display on normal poor reception day on a good reception day 5 hours set to open squelch only

Recharge on small battery 9 hours with scanner on and red charge indicator turning off every 15 minutes and on 20 minutes then off again 75 in the house doesn't get above 80 so whomever put 80 degrees is full of something as its not charging now.. cool morning 64 inside and damp and cool outside...

baj76

Uniden fanboy
For what it's worth, scanner masters are now shipping with new battery's, I got my SDS last Thursday with the big battery

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
For what it's worth, scanner masters are now shipping with new battery's, I got my SDS last Thursday with the big battery

I try to pay attention to the jillion posts a day on all of these threads, but I might have missed it: Has there been any official word from Uniden on why they're shipping the proper batteries to people who just bought their SDS100, while people who bought theirs months ago have to wait?

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
Has there been any official word from Uniden on why they're shipping the proper batteries to people who just bought their SDS100, while people who bought theirs months ago have to wait?
Official word? No.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I try to pay attention to the jillion posts a day on all of these threads, but I might have missed it: Has there been any official word from Uniden on why they're shipping the proper batteries to people who just bought their SDS100, while people who bought theirs months ago have to wait?
I asked the same question, you think current users would have been first.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I don't think they're shipping any batteries to anyone. The new batch of scanners came with the new battery already packaged with the radio.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Well, I recently sold my SDS because it has taken me 9 hours to charge the stock battery, perhaps longer with the bigger battery.

Was that with the factory USB adapter and cable? Other cables and adapters may not be able to supply as much current, which will slow charging. You have to use a USB port that can supply at least 2A, and a cable that can handle that much current without dropping below 5V at the scanner end.

MFCJR

They have to start with the new batteries in the new scanners first. If they supplied the batteries to the first batch of buyers first it would be a much longer time before they caught up with the new scanners and that would add to the amount of batteries they would need to mail out.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
I saw this on ebay, it was listed as a "SDS100 V2" look at the bottom of the rear, under the battery, appears to be external contacts for a drop-in charger.....

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/bIkAAOSwlCBbdgJY/s-l1600.jpg
This was the mockup drawing of the device before production... labels in wrong location, missing led spot. And several other things you can quickly notice..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
They have to start with the new batteries in the new scanners first. If they supplied the batteries to the first batch of buyers first it would be a much longer time before they caught up with the new scanners and that would add to the amount of batteries they would need to mail out.

That's a non sequitur. Uniden could easily have simply suspended shipping later-ordered scanners until they'd manufactured and delivered enough batteries to satisfy the earlier-ordered owners, then resumed shipping the later-ordered ones with new batteries. I understand that this would have upset later orderers, but that's more or less our point: Uniden chose to prefer later customers over earlier adopters, and that's just not cool. Unless I misunderstood a lesson from my parents, people in line first get served first.

Trigger fanboys in 3... 2... 1...

Status
Not open for further replies.