PulsePoint Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthMetroFirePIO

Feed Provider
There have been some new updates to PulsePoint that the scanning community will likely find helpful / interesting. The first is a website to view all of the active incidents, recent incidents and map of calls. The website app can be configured to view any FD's of your choice and filtered by call types at this link... https://web.pulsepoint.org/

Mobile apps have an update available this week that includes new alert options for Aircraft Emergencies, Rescues of all types and Utility Emergencies.

In early August there will be a release for nearly all Douglas County fire districts going live on PulsePoint. Those include Castle Rock, Franktown, Jackson 105, Larkspur and West Douglas. North Fork and Mountain Communities are not included at this point.

Sometime around January 1st Littleton's profile will be taken off line and those incidents will automatically populate onto South Metro's PulsePoint.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,
Eric

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Eric - Not sure if you have influence on this or not, but given the footprint that South Metro is amassing, might it be better to break things up by community instead of agency? If someone sets up alerts for South Metro, someone in a community on the west end would get alerts for a community on the east end and possibly not be interested. The app allows selecting multiple agencies, so it’s still possible to pull in all of SMFR if anyone wants to.

SouthMetroFirePIO

Feed Provider
Eric - Not sure if you have influence on this or not, but given the footprint that South Metro is amassing, might it be better to break things up by community instead of agency? If someone sets up alerts for South Metro, someone in a community on the west end would get alerts for a community on the east end and possibly not be interested. The app allows selecting multiple agencies, so it’s still possible to pull in all of SMFR if anyone wants to.

SMFR is open to ideas on how to make PulsePoint better for the community and geographic separation is something we've considered. If you have ideas on how to do it we definitely welcome them. The difficulty is where to draw the lines so that it makes sense to people who might be unfamiliar with SMFR and the areas we serve. Beginning 1/1/19 SMFR will have 5 Battalions but their response areas are too diverse, covering too many areas to separate that way. Other options include 3 SMFR profiles, one for each county served, and or the 10 cities SMFR protects. None of those ideas seem like a better user experience to us, yet.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I find Castle Rock, Franktown, Jackson 105 and Larkspur, but it looks like West Douglas isn't there. Can anybody else confirm?

So I was thinking this was going to be resolved with time, but it is clear that West Douglas Fire is still missing after a couple of months. Did they change their minds on this?

eyes00only

Denver

Looks like Pulse Point doesn't work in Denver on the app at least.
I'm testing with West Metro FD. It's a great idea as long it's free and
does not have ads.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Some of the volunteer departments in Larimer County including Red Feather Lakes, Glacier View and Estes Park have also just recently been added.

Status
Not open for further replies.