DMR TIII Network 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what trunking system is Net 12?

I'm reasonably sure it's Signal Wireless, as it shows up as a TIII system, and they sell Hytera gear. The frequency is licensed to them for a location which shows up in the TAFL as an Analog LMR 16K0F3EJN in East Garafraxa, just outside of Orangeville.

Signal Wireless is in Orangeville, not far from me, so they could be setting up a system. I may head out for a coffee and do some recon...but I'm more curious if Net 12 rings a bell with anyone.

It would be handy as ever to have the System # shown on the Trunking page...

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I believe Signal Wireless bought out Paul Whitehead's business and have converted his old LTR system to DMR.

The site in Clearview was converted to DMR a while ago but the only traffic I ever hear is from the tree nursery that the tower sits on. It's a single channel system with frequent idle bursts which leads me to believe it might be a part of a larger IP Site Connect system but the lack of any other traffic kind of negates this idea.

mbstone99

There's another DT3 Net 12 I found back a while ago while scanning in Toronto..

Net 12 Site 13 461.6250 CC 0

Not sure where this one is either.

Matt

slicerwizard

From what I've seen of TIII, i.e. the standards docs and some vendor supplied docs, there's not much special or tricky about it, just another trunking protocol. Don't know why TIII should trip up Uniden or Whistler.

gary123

Unknown system tier III system found

I have found a unknown teir III system in waterloo region.

the sid is 12 the site is 04 and the Cc is 0. I have not checked the LCN yet.

422.7750 CC

the system is licenced to MRC and they do business in the Wellington, Waterloo and Perth county areas.

highstupid

Banned
Unknown system tier III system found

They could be slowly replacing their Connect+ network(FleetConnect). I’ll have to program it in to discovery in the old workhorse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Muxlow

Super Secret
MRC is doing a provincial wide HYTERA system. Not sure if it will be XPT or just IP site connect. But that should all be hytera repeaters running it

DaveH

MRC is doing a provincial wide HYTERA system. Not sure if it will be XPT or just IP site connect. But that should all be hytera repeaters running it

If all of Ontario means eastern part, wondering where their customer base would come from. Turris and GoTRBO (Bell Mobility et. al.) seem to have market sewn up for TRBO.

Wondering how OnQue Nexedge is doing in these parts as many of their sites outside Ottawa area e.g. Brockville, Pembroke, Renfrew, Bonville are single-channel "fillers". Even Ottawa "main" site (actually across in Gatineau) has 3 VCs; and when I've monitored even during weekdays it doesn't seem very busy most of the time, mainly school busses.

MRC does have a few UHF pairs listed as Ontario-wide but they are only 10W.

Dave

gary123

Onque is pretty active in the Kitchener/London corridor. I have noticed on commercial systems that the monthly airtime rates have a huge effect on the amount of users. The more they want the less the system is used... go figure.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
Those systems are using the default TIII network ID of 13, but your scanners can't even get that right. Hilarious...

I'm using DSD+ to find these.
DSD+ reports TIII (HYT) Site:L13-1.7 DCC:0

I may have something configured wrong in my frequencies file because the Channel Activity window is blank.

gary123

We can add site 04 baden to the list.

Net 12 site 04 CC = 0

422.7750 c

gary123

I have heard traffic o n the 422.900 freq. its some kind of limo service. The BCD536 is not grabbing the LCNs so Ill have to try DSD next time im in the area.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
I've mapped 2 DMR Tier III systems (Net 13) belonging to Signal Wireless, Inc., Site 4 on 422.2625 in East Garafraxa (Dufferin County) and Zone 6 on 423.1125 in Brisbane (Wellington County).

I've submitted both systems and only 1 user for now, E-Z Taxi in Georgetown/Acton on 5046378

gary123

I wonder if this will be integrated into the network 12 at some time. network 12 seems to be run by MRC in Kitchener

Status
Not open for further replies.