SDS100/SDS200: Need a new Belt clip for sds100

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9JLR

I was told via email it is a battery latch not the belt clip. Do you have the #?

Here is the page that details specific warranty TOS: Repair

I called customer service at 1-800-297-1023. I spoke with Ryan, who diligently handled my claim. I was given a reference number, and then provided an email with a copy of the case/order number and the part.
(c.f., https://repair.uniden.com/service.cfm)

SCPD

QRT
Here is the page that details specific warranty TOS: Repair

I called customer service at 1-800-297-1023. I spoke with Ryan, who diligently handled my claim. I was given a reference number, and then provided an email with a copy of the case/order number and the part.
(c.f., https://repair.uniden.com/service.cfm)

Let me know how it works out. everytime i send a unit in under warranty there is a fee I have to pay so seeing i do not need the clip i will hold off. My call to Uniden america said 79.95 + 10.00 shipping as its considered not a factory defect that a screw strips out the plastic threads on the housing while putting the belt clip onto your belt...

K9JLR

Let me know how it works out. everytime i send a unit in under warranty there is a fee I have to pay so seeing i do not need the clip i will hold off. My call to Uniden america said 79.95 + 10.00 shipping as its considered not a factory defect that a screw strips out the plastic threads on the housing while putting the belt clip onto your belt...
I did not have to send the scanner in. They simply sent me a replacement belt clip. There were no fees associated with this, since the part is under warranty for 90 days after purchase of the scanner (unless you broke it by dropping it or otherwise causing it to break by misuse).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

rdwilson

Feed Provider
Mine broke as well. Same thing as most. The locking lever snapped off. I guess it's time for a phone call ASAP as I am approaching the 90 day warranty period.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Mine broke as well. Same thing as most. The locking lever snapped off. I guess it's time for a phone call ASAP as I am approaching the 90 day warranty period.
I've never been able to use mine and I thought I had a year on the warranty. So it's only 90 days?

I can only carry my radio by hand because the clip doesn't hold and lock and the radio just wants to turn sideways if I try carrying it on my belt. My BCD436HP is even worse. But of course it's been out of warranty for a long time now too. I guess I need to get in touch with Uniden myself on my SDS100.

Bryan
COMMSCAN

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

K9JLR

I've never been able to use mine and I thought I had a year on the warranty. So it's only 90 days?

I can only carry my radio by hand because the clip doesn't hold and lock and the radio just wants to turn sideways if I try carrying it on my belt. My BCD436HP is even worse. But of course it's been out of warranty for a long time now too. I guess I need to get in touch with Uniden myself on my SDS100.

Bryan
COMMSCAN

The radio itself has a one year warranty for defects in operation, but certain 'hard part' components, e.g., a belt clip, only carry a 90-day warranty per Uniden.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for this information because I did not realize that at all!

Brian
COMMSCAN
The radio itself has a one year warranty for defects in operation, but certain 'hard part' components, e.g., a belt clip, only carry a 90-day warranty per Uniden.

MFCJR

My belt clip also cracked in the usual spot and no longer locked the SDS100 in place. I never even used it much. I glued it for a temp fix. I emailed Uniden for a new clip that is still under warranty and was told they are on back order until late October, but will be getting a new one. I just had to send them a copy of the receipt. I hope it's a better designed clip.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Mine broke but a week or so ago, called Uniden and they sent me a new one, got it today. It designed a Luis different than the original. But like mentioned earlier it’s lose as can be and just spins around. I just ordered a case for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Mine broke but a week or so ago, called Uniden and they sent me a new one, got it today. It designed a Luis different than the original. But like mentioned earlier it’s lose as can be and just spins around. I just ordered a case for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I've been having this problem ever since I got the BCD436HP a few years ago and the SDS100 last year. I'm wondering if it's not the part the clip goes onto that is not the right size? I'm talking about the plastic circle with the screw in the center mounted to the case. It doesn't seem to matter which clip I get the same thing happens and the radio is loose all of the time. In my case, it doesn't matter if a clip is brand-new or not it is not working. If I tighten the screw down it will hold the clip tighter for about 5 minutes. Uniden recommended using Loctite on the screw on my out of warranty BCD436HP but I haven't done that. I've carried scanners on my belt since I was a young teenager but now I no longer do that. I can't on the radios I want to carry. But I am pretty sure it's not the clip that's the problem on my last two radios because I've gone through a number of them and they don't stop the radio from spinning. Not even temporarily.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.