Whistler TRX 100 & TRX 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannermike11

Banned
i am with you if we give them time i hope that will give us a better radio that is why i held off on the SDS100
and uniden you blow ii going back to battery pack was a very bad call i have got everyone one of you radio you made but not this time it is a pan in the ??? to have to buy your battery pack
sometimes you have to run up a got extra once you can not do that with sds100
and i am not alone i have seen other people that have said that also

racin06

As much as I'm enjoying the great performance of my Uniden SDS100, I'm also looking forward to purchasing the TRX100. I want both Uniden and Whistler to succeed.

Papa-Bill

After reading all the probs with the TRX-1 from this site, I skipped the refurb sale recently, and am waiting to find out if the new TRX100 will fix the probs before I buy one.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
After reading all the probs with the TRX-1 from this site, I skipped the refurb sale recently, and am waiting to find out if the new TRX100 will fix the probs before I buy one.

This site show many problems for lots of scanners, don't put too much into it as people come here for help., Many whistler problems are contributed to the crappy stock antenna, operator error, environmental factors or simulcast systems that people don't want to spend the necessary time to dial in a scanner for their location and environment. The whistler scanners and almost all the unidens except the new sds100 lack the hardware in it for proper simulcast system decoding and YMMV.

Now go read the Uniden SDS100 forums and see the problems they are having and that scanner has hardware in it to work with simulcast system,

The trx-100 and trx- 200 will have their share of problems when they come out, If you don't want the learning curve or have the patience to wait for firmware fixes, then none of these scanners are for you

I hope the new Whistler will have a much more durable keypad and display screen
The one on my trx1 looks horrible after a year of use; small scratches all over and paint wearing off the edges of many black keys...

I know it will raise the productioncost and retailprice, but a touch screen keypad and protected glass (like modern smartphones) would be awesome.

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if they will make it to where u only program control channels for a trunked system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

budevans

Not a scanner issue

I wonder if they will make it to where u only program control channels for a trunked system

It's system dependent. For Harris P25 systems it's pretty common for them to change control channels daily. So you have to enter all of the frequencies to be covered.

With Motorola P25 systems it's the norm to just enter the control channels.

So it's not a scanner issue, it's a system issue.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
It's system dependent. For Harris P25 systems it's pretty common for them to change control channels daily. So you have to enter all of the frequencies to be covered.

With Motorola P25 systems it's the norm to just enter the control channels.

So it's not a scanner issue, it's a system issue.

Ahhh, that makes sense. No Harris systems near me, so I've never experienced it.

cookmaster

i have read everybody commits over the weeks and lets hope Whistler release some new info soon,i have a feeling they are going to release new info about the new TRX 100 and 200 no later then Mid October!

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
I hope the new Whistler will have a much more durable keypad and display screen
The one on my trx1 looks horrible after a year of use; small scratches all over and paint wearing off the edges of many black keys...

I know it will raise the productioncost and retailprice, but a touch screen keypad and protected glass (like modern smartphones) would be awesome.

I agree about the display and keys. A friend with a long thumbnail almost punctured my scrolling key.

To help with the display, I bought a cellphone screen protector. It's done a great job. If already scratched, you might try using the polish people get for plastic eyeglasses. I know a guy who used that to fix scratches on audio CD's.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

jdeverett

Premium Subscriber
Racin06 I am totally in the same boat and love the radio hobby. Never enough radios and always something to find to listen too.

svrstorm

Trx 100/200

Thinking about it if whistler keeps the form factor display etc the same then maybe they could also keep the price down as well.

flody1

Premium Subscriber
i have read everybody commits over the weeks and lets hope Whistler release some new info soon,i have a feeling they are going to release new info about the new TRX 100 and 200 no later then Mid October!

Yes, I'm waiting on some new info on the Release date. Never had a digital scanner but been reading alot. Waiting to see the pricing

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
I remain Hopeful that the NEW Whistler scanners will be an Improvement over the Phase II that the TRX-1 can do. Whistler has an opputunity here, while they don't need to Completely redesign the WH scanners. they can make some helpful tweeks, on my list are, Continious Coverage 25 - 1300 (cell blocked) and ALL mode (CW,AM, FM, WFM, LSB, USB, ) and All Digital Mode including All the HAM Digital Modes. a louder Speaker around 700 mw, A2DP Bluetooth naturally, but How about adding Built in GPS, both ICOM and AOR have it in the Scanners, and many HT Radios as well. imagine having No Cable or Hockey Puc to lug around. and while they are at it, why not add FASTER scanning like around 200 CH / Sec. A Whiter and Brighter screen would be appreciated. A separate TUNEING/Channel Select knob. and Volume/Squelch should be on a Dedicated knob as well. well that's it , my shopping list. hope it comes out soon.

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
556223 - the RR database is ONLY as accurate are the Contrubiters make it, there are bound to be errors. as FCC no longer maintains its FCC database and Police Call no longer exists. the Police and Trunking frequencies are no longer published, except in this forum.

Um, the FCC database is updated daily...

Status
Not open for further replies.