8TAC92

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg

Premium Subscriber
8TAC91 & 8TAC92 are in use at the Big E in West Springfield, MA. Not sure if they use the Mt Tom repeater or if there was a closer one.

chris

coolrich55

I'm located in Griswold. Was coming in loud and clear. They also mentioned that the mobile command was being moved and would be off the air for 15 minutes. Didn't really sound like a fair. I could be wrong.

w1haf

It was going on all day. Sounded well planned comms plan. I did not hear a lot of emergency traffic . Leads me to believe it is some type of large scale event. I could hear them perfectly in Waterford, CT.

zuzuski

Can be heard from Griswold and Waterford , and they are National Channels?

Anyone have more on what this was? I watched the news and did see anything except for New York City going on....

coolrich55

I haven't seen anything on the news or social media about a incident in CT that would require that channel to be used. If it was something outside of CT would it be heard here?

nd5y

I haven't seen anything on the news or social media about a incident in CT that would require that channel to be used.
Are you sure it wasn't just a training exercise?
If it was something outside of CT would it be heard here?
That depends.
Are you sure this was a local repeater and you weren't geting tropo from somewhere else?
Was it people somewere else getting into your local repeater during a tropo opening?
You probably wouldn't hear anything outside of your local repeater coverage area unless they had it patched to someting else for some reason.

coolrich55

Are you sure it wasn't just a training exercise?

That depends.
Are you sure this was a local repeater and you weren't geting tropo from somewhere else?
Was it people somewere else getting into your local repeater during a tropo opening?
You probably wouldn't hear anything outside of your local repeater coverage area unless they had it patched to someting else for some reason.

I couldn't tell if it was a training exercise. May have been tropo because I have been picking up nypd at times lately.

zuzuski

I have tried to listen to for a few hours now and haven't heard a peep.

Any call signs heard - and I'm guessing there isn't an online feed to look at ?

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Foxwoods had a large rock festival concert on Saturday and we (the FD and American Ambulance) were using Stocks 2-UHF (Mashantucket FD side). The traffic could have been from us, initially we were on STOCKS-1. The command center had to move due to some radio issues. I'm not sure what the local police departments (Mashantucket, Ledyard & CSP) were using, possibly they were on the 8TAC frequencies. Most of the traffic on the STOCKS U was from us for the medicals at the site.

coolrich55

Foxwoods had a large rock festival concert on Saturday and we (the FD and American Ambulance) were using Stocks 2-UHF (Mashantucket FD side). The traffic could have been from us, initially we were on STOCKS-1. The command center had to move due to some radio issues. I'm not sure what the local police departments (Mashantucket, Ledyard & CSP) were using, possibly they were on the 8TAC frequencies. Most of the traffic on the STOCKS U was from us for the medicals at the site.

Well that would make sense about what I heard about moving the command center. Although 8TAC92 is 852.012 and is not listed as a STOCKS frequency. But maybe they moved to 8TAC while they were moving the command center as a temporary thing.

cg

Premium Subscriber
CT runs the system a bit differently than many other states. The repeaters are normally inactive. When the NCC hears a call on the CALLING channel, they can activate a repeater for an incident. For a planned event, the activation can be scheduled. There is internal communications between radio system managers and PS officials that serves as a notification system for scheduled activations.

chris

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
8TAC-92 is being used (I believe statewide) in Ct. today for the State Fireman’s Convention & parade in Avon. Can someone post the frequency? RR doesn’t have that listed under anything in Ct? Maybe it’s under Nationwide?

Status
Not open for further replies.