Why some frequencies are available for import and others not

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewyb

I've been using FreeScan for a number of years to import data into my Uniden BCD396XT. I've always been curious as to why all FCC licenses in my county are not available to search and import through the radio reference access built into FreeScan? It currently only gives you access to various public safety data, local schools and random businesses. Can I help add to those missing groups of frequencies available through the FCC Licenses database? The FreeSCAN tool is wonderful and makes programming effortless. The EZGrab feature helps with the manually programming of some of these others but I'd love to make it even easier.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I've been using FreeScan for a number of years to import data into my Uniden BCD396XT. I've always been curious as to why all FCC licenses in my county are not available to search and import through the radio reference access built into FreeScan? It currently only gives you access to various public safety data, local schools and random businesses. Can I help add to those missing groups of frequencies available through the FCC Licenses database? The FreeSCAN tool is wonderful and makes programming effortless. The EZGrab feature helps with the manually programming of some of these others but I'd love to make it even easier.

The difference is that the FCC database is just a raw data dump of all licenses while Radioreference.com has a database of VERIFIED frequencies & systems. You may have a system in the FCC database that is not on the air yet and therefore can't be a part of the RR.com database. Again: Radioreference.com is designed to be a source of VERIFIED accurate information. If you see some stuff in the FCC database that you want to see added to the RR.com database then monitor it and make sure it is active and map out specific additional info like PL/CTCSS/NAC tones/codes and then use the big "SUBMIT INFO" button at the top of every page here at RR.com. The database is a volunteer driven database which requires users to make sure info for their local area is accurate and up to date.
Hope the above helps!
Marshall KE4ZNR

andrewyb

That was a very helpful response. I volunteer with the local chapter of the red cross. I found the frequencies they operate on and will monitor to make sure they are active before submitting. I'm certain these are the ones they use in each vehicle they deploy.

Status
Not open for further replies.