Avoiding Not Working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
When I double push Avoid on my 436 when on a talkgroup, it says Permanently Avoided. I'm trying to avoid all the PSP talkgroups. But when I check Review Avoids, it says Nothing Avoided. What am I doing wrong?

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
When I double push Avoid on my 436 when on a talkgroup, it says Permanently Avoided. I'm trying to avoid all the PSP talkgroups. But when I check Review Avoids, it says Nothing Avoided. What am I doing wrong?

I only use temporary avoids from time to time so I would suggest a power cycle to see if the permanent ones are still active when you go to that talk group. I use Sentinel to avoid groups in FL or sometimes I just delete them. I never paid any attention to screen display for what I would call permanently avoided with Sentinel.

Going thru the easy to use manual it was not clear what Review Avoids will show you or when.

Likely you are not doing anything wrong, just that expectation are different than what the radio is doing display 'wise'.

Mike

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

How are you checking for avoids? What procedure are you using to bring up the "avoided" list?

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
It seems to be working better now. I found some avoids in the Review Avoids list.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Don’t forget that Sentinel will override your keyboard entered “Avoids” permanent or not.

Every Monday I lost my permanent avoids but once I avoided the channel in Sentinel then writing to the weekly update to the scanner no longer “overwrote” my keyboard entered “Avoids”.

I discovered this a few years ago but this applies to other things you do from the scanner keyboard not just “avoids”.

Status
Not open for further replies.