FDNY Citywide

Status
Not open for further replies.

nragucci

Premium Subscriber
I haven't listened to Citywide in years. Do they still broadcast all "all hands" and greater in the City over it ?

ten13

Premium Subscriber
I haven't listened to Citywide in years. Do they still broadcast all "all hands" and greater in the City over it ?

Unfortunately, yes.

It's almost like they're reading from a script: the same or similar size-ups, same terminology, same number of progress reports (3 or 4) and the fire's under control.

They should eliminate the "All Hands" reports and hold off until a 2nd Alarm, like they did during the 1970s.

That....and the Radio Mechanic. You'd think by now they'd be sending him text messages as to where to go and what needs to get fixed.

jje64

And excuse the diversion, but what is CW2 used for? I am left over from the VHF days where there was one CW channel and The Bronx and SI had to share 154.190
. No longer live in NY,monitoring via the web

TNX
jje64

ms784

Feed Provider
It's almost like they're reading from a script: the same or similar size-ups, same terminology, same number of progress reports (3 or 4) and the fire's under control.

That's because they essentially are. The aides are reading from a fill-in script and the radio dispatcher essentially just repeats that on the citywide relay.

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
And excuse the diversion, but what is CW2 used for? I am left over from the VHF days where there was one CW channel and The Bronx and SI had to share 154.190
. No longer live in NY,monitoring via the web

TNX
jje64

Not used on a normal basis. Can be used for a boro if the normal channel goes down or maintenance. Also can be used for large scale incidents of needed

Status
Not open for further replies.