Yaesu: Yaesu FTM400 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb6sub

Premium Subscriber
I am looking for a real easy way to program my FTM400 without purchasing a programming cable. I do have the SIM card in it. Any recommendations for programs for a Mac to write the frequencies onto the SIM card?

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
As far as I know, either the native Yaesu application for the FTM-400 or the RT Systems application will allow you to use the SD card in lieu of the cable. Unfortunately, however, I think both are PC only.

If you're serious about these newer radios, it might be worth your while to pick up an older Windows 7 laptop, solely for the purpose of running ham applications that are PC only.

k6cpo

As far as I know, either the native Yaesu application for the FTM-400 or the RT Systems application will allow you to use the SD card in lieu of the cable. Unfortunately, however, I think both are PC only.

If you're serious about these newer radios, it might be worth your while to pick up an older Windows 7 laptop, solely for the purpose of running ham applications that are PC only.

I keep an old Windows XP netbook just for programming radios.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I am looking for a real easy way to program my FTM400 without purchasing a programming cable. I do have the SIM card in it. Any recommendations for programs for a Mac to write the frequencies onto the SIM card?
I use the RTSystems software (no cable) and a MicroSD card for my 400xdr. I prefer using my Mac, but for Windows programs I purchased a Windows tablet PC for under $100 from Amazon. I previously ran a Windows OS on a mac as well, but I did not like the experience. The sub $100 tablet is perfect for programing various radios as the programs do not require a lot of processing power.

KR3LC

Premium Subscriber
I use the RTSystems software (no cable) and a MicroSD card for my 400xdr. I prefer using my Mac, but for Windows programs I purchased a Windows tablet PC for under $100 from Amazon. I previously ran a Windows OS on a mac as well, but I did not like the experience. The sub $100 tablet is perfect for programing various radios as the programs do not require a lot of processing power.

I prefer my Mac too and I run Windows on it under VMWare. Might be cheaper though to get a low cost Windows PC just for ham radio applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.