OP-25 Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnjnorton

Premium Subscriber
Curious if anyone knows why OP-25 would be freezing, everytime it is on a voice channel and just locks up. Currently running in a RPi4

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

boatbod

Going to need more information...
Logs, screen shots, startup command line etc.
How long does it run before freezing?
Does it always freeze on a voice channel?
Curious if anyone knows why OP-25 would be freezing, everytime it is on a voice channel and just locks up. Currently running in a RPi4

Shawnjnorton

Premium Subscriber
Thats what I use to start it, it has been running fine foe 2 days straight, the freezes or a random talkgroup and just locks up
4fa2dbc30b6d4f217f80929121dedc7b.jpg

boatbod

First thought would be to reduce your sample size considerably. "-S 57600" usually works well on a RPi3.

Secondly, is there anything in the stderr.2 log that gives insight? Does the terminal freeze or keep running?

Shawnjnorton

Premium Subscriber
First thought would be to reduce your sample size considerably. "-S 57600" usually works well on a RPi3.

Secondly, is there anything in the stderr.2 log that gives insight? Does the terminal freeze or keep running?
I will look more in depth in the morning, terminal does stop as well. I will reduce the sample size and see how it runs

Shawnjnorton

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully that sorts it out, now just to figure out darkice. Thats been a problem for awhile now

boatbod

I will look more in depth in the morning, terminal does stop as well. I will reduce the sample size and see how it runs

If the terminal is stopping, there's a good chance one of the processes is crashing. Really need to see the stderr.2 log to figure that out.

Shawnjnorton

Premium Subscriber
Right now im just having issues with darkice, when I get back home I will explain more. It is just being a major nightmare

boatbod

Right now im just having issues with darkice, when I get back home I will explain more. It is just being a major nightmare

I'm reasonably familiar, at least in the context of using it with op25 to stream to broadcastify.

Shawnjnorton

Premium Subscriber
I got it working, just had my file path wrong, this may be a stupid question. Am I able to lock onto a specific talkgroup so if say its a ops channel I can hear just that talkgroup and not any other ones.

boatbod

I got it working, just had my file path wrong, this may be a stupid question. Am I able to lock onto a specific talkgroup so if say its a ops channel I can hear just that talkgroup and not any other ones.

There are two ways to achieve that:-
1. Interactively through the terminal you can use the L key toggle (lowercase) to lock whatever tgid happens to be playing at the time. This does not survive an app restart however.

2. Through trunk.tsv you could configure a whitelist file with a single tgid entry and that will be the only thing that ever plays. Of course you can also add more than one entry and then it'll play only the selection of hings in the whitelist.

Shawnjnorton

Premium Subscriber
I have my whit and black list setup, its just sometimes i want to lock onto a certain tgid. Just was not sure if it would keep following that talkgroup or not

Status
Not open for further replies.