SDS100/SDS200: Firmware 1.06.00M Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Airband is still low and hard to understand
88-108MHZ still sounds bad and cuts out in FMB mode and in WFM mode.
I notice with Priority DND on, the scanner sometimes gets stuck on a no carrier frequency in 1 of my 60 scanlists but not when priority DND is off. Turning the tuning knob gets it to resume, my delay is at zero on that scanlist.

SCPD

QRT
I know this does not say there is an included fix for vhf high band. However VHF and analog sound so much batter. Thank you Paul and Uniden. I'm sorry for taking my frustrations out on you all.. New Meds.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Release Notes:
1. Fixed freezing issue over 1000 sessions (sub folders) in user recording mode. This might also affect the reboot issue. (Thank you for looking into this issue)
2. None to test.
3. None to test
4. Modified DMR TGID validation method. (Can you elaborate?)

For all those that complain about this "doesn't work/that doesn't work" I refer you to #1. Sending debug files will get your issue noticed and hopefully resolved. I submitted debug files for issue #1 a few weeks ago, which I suspected was being evaluated. Recordings/programming was placed into a zip file and sent. Their could have been others that have done the same thing, but this is the best method that works and get's into the right hands.

Early report: No degradation from previous version. Phase 2 UID capture is still not 100%, I know this wasn't mentioned in release notes, but would like to see it addressed in the future. All other digital formats have 100% UID capture. Signal strength is not an issue.

Last night and early this morning I've been monitoring my local MotoTRBO and NXDN trunking systems and have no issues to report. All and all well done!

Last edited:

manlius

Premium Subscriber
Could someone please retype the url? Since I’m looking at this on my phone, it is clipping the address so I can’t read it all. I need to enter it on my laptop. It shows “PartnerWeb/Fir....05(blahblah)” and I don’t know what the ... is. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Could someone please retype the url? Since I’m looking at this on my phone, it is clipping the address so I can’t read it all. I need to enter it on my laptop. It shows “PartnerWeb/Fir....05(blahblah)” and I don’t know what the ... is. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HTML:
 http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/PartnerWeb/Firmware/SDS100-1.06.00M-1.01.05S.zip

WoodburyMan

Thanks!

Tested. Local P25 P1 system, and state Motorolla trucked works just the same vs 1.05, no negative effects. P25 simplex as well. Same with both a DMR repeater and hot spot. Will test airband and others soon.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Firmware Location

Can someone tell me where on the uniden website I can find the update files? Also, where should I unzip the files to?

Thanks

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Can someone tell me where on the uniden website I can find the update files? Also, where should I unzip the files to?

Thanks

The link I gave you in my reply to your other post was to the first post in the thread you are in now. The link to the download is in that post, as well as the instructions for downloading and installing.

The file is not on Uniden's website.

bravada

sds100 firmware

Sorry just got SDS100 yesterday and all going fine so far. Am I missing something, aren’t all firmware updates performed through Sentinel? What’s all the discussion on URL etc?

jeffm77

Premium Subscriber
I am still disappointed with the SDS100 on analog VHF/UHF. It does an excellent job on DMR, I am not sure on NXDN yet, as I have not done that upgrade yet. P25 simulcast is great. Just really not happy with the VHF and UHF analog sensitivity. My 396XT blows the SDS100 away on VHF and UHF. Hope UPMan can get this fixed. I know I am not the only one who has issues with the SDS100 on analog.

Last edited:

ResQguy

Meh
I am still disappointed with the SDS100 on analog VHF/UHF. It does an excellent job on DMR, I am not sure on NXDN yet, as I have not done that upgrade yet. P25 simulcast is great. Just really not happy with the VHF and UHF analog sensitivity. My 396XT blows the SDS100 away on VHF and UHF. Hope UPMan can get this fixed. I know I am not the only one who has issues with the SDS100 on analog.

Mine picks up 46.46 lowband from the next county in my basement on the factory antenna. No complaints here and running 1.06.00 for two days now.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

Mine picks up 46.46 lowband from the next county in my basement on the factory antenna. No complaints here and running 1.06.00 for two days now.

Still monitoring CPD's 460 Mhz analog as well as many other analog, P25/MotoTRBO/DMR One Frequency/ NXDN Trunking/ NXDN One Frequency systems without complaints here. Many suburban fire departments are using VHF analog and was listening to a large apartment fire today.

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
My SDS100 works very well with UHF/VHF and is comparable with my 436, 536, 15X, 125AT & Pro 137 in that range. The SDS100 excels in LSM and works great with DMR & NXDN. I have no complaints with the latest Beta so far. Thanks to Upman & Uniden for all the work to make our scanners maximize their full capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.