Iowa Statewide Interoperability Communication System (ISICS)

tfhphoto

Premium Subscriber
And, for what it's worth, the simulcast system in Woodbury County (plus the site near Homer, Nebraska) are still officially referred to as STARComm.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
And, for what it's worth, the simulcast system in Woodbury County (plus the site near Homer, Nebraska) are still officially referred to as STARComm.
What system ID are they broadcasting?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

tfhphoto

Premium Subscriber
04C9h 01 19

I mention that only in light of Westcom still being referred to as that in the ISICS database.

Last edited:

autovon

Ø
There's a control channel on 770.46875 nearby that I cannot decode. Looks like that freq is used on the state system elsewhere. Any ideas?

timkilbride

Database Admin
There's a control channel on 770.46875 nearby that I cannot decode. Looks like that freq is used on the state system elsewhere. Any ideas?

The only way to determine that would require driving to every site to find that active CC.

Tim

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I was recently in a meeting where ISICS had a presentation stating that there system would go live statewide in October or November.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

autovon

Ø
The state patrol in the SW part of the state has been doing some sporadic testing with dispatch and cars the last few weeks.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
I guess to clarify, why am I unable to get any data from it when all the others I've heard decode fine? I'm making some assumptions here, that it's part of the state system and has a P25 I/II cc.

Early on when motorola was setting up Starcom 21. I could not get a data lock in on the control channels. But it usually cleared up after a few days. I think they may send a canned data broadcast to burn in the site for a couple of days to checked it out.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
All posts about the ISICS build, testing, and status should be placed in this thread unless it directly pertains to a certain location

chris451rr

The only way to determine that would require driving to every site to find that active CC.

Tim
Or, find somebody that lives where the target is.
Cedar Rapids 16th avenue highway patrol office now has a new ?450' tower? with a number of microwave antenna and a 760mhz antenna at the top. An unguyed tapered triangular tower. The old vhf tower is still there right next to the new one. Last time I went by there a construction site was evident but not that it was a tower.
It has a control channel but its not transmitting useful data yet, but nearby at another site there is data being transmitted (control channel, wildcard talk group, band plan can be deduced with unitrunker.
The map for this system makes sense now. Must be some state agency that is publishing info on this.
Similar to https://www.iowaapco.com/officers-board < these folks have no data that I've found about freq plans band plans or any of that.
A fellow traveler along I-80 has seen the same tower type at various DOT or Iowa, State of properties.
774.34375 new carrier transmitting a test waveform no valid data. This is probably 16th ave site.
From some other control channels:
bandplan 1 6.25 762.00625 1 slot or bandplan 3 762.00625 12.5 2 slots.
Bandplan 0 851.00625 6.25 1 slot or 2 851.0125 12.5 2 slots.
Photo: available but doesn't appear supported here.
Seems like they are implementing the sites on the site map of Iowa in this part of RR forums.
As I look at that there are no sites in the far northeast north central etc. No 769 carriers detected in that section north central on a recent trip.

rdelao_16

Plymouth county

Has anyone heard of Plymouth county getting a ISICS tower? I'm wondering because right now state patrol has the Merrill Tower and I was just wondering if they're going to just shut that down when they switch to ISICS or if they're building a new tower.

autovon

Ø
According to the map, Plymouth county is supposed to have a self supporting tower in the NW part of the county on the ISICS system. It doesn't look like it's been ID'd yet in the database.

N0ZJT

Database Admin
Based off of the alphabetical numbering scheme they have been using, the Plymouth County site might be site 74 in the database.

770.45625 is/was the control channel for site 74.

Someone would have to go to LeMars and see if they receive it.