The state of Tennessee Advanced Communications Network (TACN)

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Its a simulcast. Multiple repeater towers all broadcasting same exact thing at exact same time. Counts as 1 site even if there are 10 repeaters in it.

INDY72

Loudon County issues: I received a sub that all of the following TGs are false, and do not exist....

I need confirmation from locals on this as this is literally all but like 2 tgs for the county. Those that ACTUALLY can confirm from monitoring chime in. That or someone send me a cut sheet.

zachgallop

KFD Dispatch has possibly just begun doing test tones for Karns Talkgroup 10670. It is Phase II Clear. Today is the day the are supposed to change over. Lots of test tones. Here is the recording: https://s3.amazonaws.com/zello.sharedmessages/IwwqblUlYiSI . The encryption is from other talkgroups. Also Milif for, me personally those I have never heard any of those talkgroups or have not seen them popup also. Only thing I have seen is LCUB Main (also think I have heard secondary), LCSO Dispatch 1 & 2, LCPD Dispatch 1 & 2 and Lenoir city fire dispatch. I live in Loudon. Windows might be able to help also with that. He knows more about Loudon TACN than I do.

*UPDATE* KARNS ENGINE 402 just got dispatched on that channel for a power line on fire. KFD dispatch said assigned to ummm dispatch.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
TY just wanted to make sure before I delete that many TGs.

Milf I live in the downtown part of Loudon county with a 30 ft. Outside antenna and I have personally only have heard lcso dispatch 1 and 2 LCPD dispatch 1 and 2 and LCFD dispatch I have never personally heard any LCUB digital channels only their UHF analog frequency during strong storms. I listen to all receivable digital and analog frequencies daily on all surrounding reachable towers.

zachgallop

Test page also on 10674 from KFD Dispatch. Must also be Karns. If I remember they have four talkgroups I believe, may have changed though. But they did have an admin encrypted I think.Wonder what Karns station alerting setup now and what they are doing for the volunteers pager. I have heard Engine 402 on 10670 said to be Dispatch by KFD/E-911 Dispatcher multiple times since they changed over about 7. Thought they would have patched Tac4 to digital dispatch because rescue and Rural Metro/AMR changes over to TAC4 when responding to calls.

Last edited:

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Loudon County issues: I received a sub that all of the following TGs are false, and do not exist....

I need confirmation from locals on this as this is literally all but like 2 tgs for the county. Those that ACTUALLY can confirm from monitoring chime in. That or someone send me a cut sheet.

I have personally heard usage (some encrypted, some not) on all of those TGIDs except for 7521, 7522, 7525 and have confirmed usage on some of those and submitted updates to db. I live in Loudon County, and monitor it. Some of these are not used frequently, which may lead some listeners to think they don't exist, but I have heard them active.

Last edited:

W4ELL

Feed Provider
Milf I live in the downtown part of Loudon county with a 30 ft. Outside antenna and I have personally only have heard lcso dispatch 1 and 2 LCPD dispatch 1 and 2 and LCFD dispatch I have never personally heard any LCUB digital channels only their UHF analog frequency during strong storms. I listen to all receivable digital and analog frequencies daily on all surrounding reachable towers.

I have heard LCUB TG 7548 (on the Black Rd tower) quite a bit in West Knoxville where I work.

zachgallop

Those are ones I heard off Oral and Black Road. Not saying they do not exist for me.Probably some more pop up on Lenoir City. LCUB is pretty active. Windows has said something to me about he also hears the Animal Control Talkgroup off Lenoir city tower sometimes, he was having trouble posting last night. Has anybody heard the dive or water rescue one? I thought I saw it pop up one time during a water rescue event off the Lenoir City tower. Also Lenoir city Fire Talkgroup is mixed encryption (dispatch console have always heard in the clear). The dispatcher is also patched to 400.

N2AL

Come to think of it I haven't heard the dive/water rescue TG either.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

If Loudon County still has their 5 pm paging tones check, you my scan for new TG’s and see if Loudon County Dive Rescue populates.

zachgallop

If Loudon County still has their 5 pm paging tones check, you my scan for new TG’s and see if Loudon County Dive Rescue populates.

Loudon Dive dispatches and tones on EMA 400. I am unsure if they do it on the 5pm radio check. Think I saw the 800 Talkgroup pop up like once.

N2AL

Loudon Dive dispatches and tones on EMA 400. I am unsure if they do it on the 5pm radio check. Think I saw the 800 Talkgroup pop up like once.

I guess I should ask who they dispatch on EMA 400? Dive Rescue should still have their own UHF repeater unless it has been decommissioned. I’ve not kept up with their radio systems in years.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
I haven't heard anything on the dive team repeater in a couple of years. I still have it programmed in to listen. The EMA 400 repeater is used periodically, especially if there is a multi-agency response, such as when they were searching for the missing boater this summer. Even then, I didn't hear the dive team on TACN or their 400 repeater, Ops were done on EMA 400 for the most part.
The 5 PM testing is mostly done for the fire departments and rescue, from what I hear.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

LCTTA2018

Feed Provider

17:00 (5:00 PM) test tones are for Loudon Fire, Lenoir City Fire, Loudon County Fire/Rescue, Philadelphia Fire, Tellico Village Fire and Greenback Fire in that order almost always. The dive team gets dispatched on EMA 400 and the dive team test tones are 12PM every other Saturday. The Dive Team Channel is no longer used I don’t think. I’m almost positive all Dive Team radio communications are on EMA 400.

INDY72

The TGs come from submissions. Middle TN hmmmm Wonder why? Could it be the Middle TN Regional TRS that is going to be TACN I wonder?

Last edited by a moderator:

CFD288

briar51rabbit from here in Cleveland I receive a lot of TACN traffic from Rhea Co. I also hear some TACN traffic from Meigs Co though not much...maybe because it’s a small county, maybe because I’m receiving all kinds of other TACN transmissions from other agencies and missing out on Meigs. I too monitor McMinn Co on their old analog freq haven’t heard a peep from their TACN talkgroups. Maybe someone else knows what’s going on with them.