DSD+ 1.51 DMR decoding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg2561

Premium Subscriber
I'm new at SDR and DSD+ and had a question about monitoring a MotoTrbo single site capacity plus system. I can hear the audio fine. On the DSD+ event log it shows Group Call; TG=1004 RID=241 Slot=2. I have received several RID's and 3 TGID's. TGID's 1000, 1004, and 1008.

My question is about the TGID. In DMR CP systems, the highest Call ID possible is 254. Why are these TGID's so high?

The only thing that makes any sense is that it is a connect plus system, not a capacity plus system as listed in radio reference.

Any one else run across this?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm new at SDR and DSD+ and had a question about monitoring a MotoTrbo single site capacity plus system. I can hear the audio fine. On the DSD+ event log it shows Group Call; TG=1004 RID=241 Slot=2. I have received several RID's and 3 TGID's. TGID's 1000, 1004, and 1008.

My question is about the TGID. In DMR CP systems, the highest Call ID possible is 254. Why are these TGID's so high?

The only thing that makes any sense is that it is a connect plus system, not a capacity plus system as listed in radio reference.

Any one else run across this?

Hi Greg,

The easier way to determine if it is Cap+ or Con+ is to actually look in the bottom left of the DSD+ Event Log window. It tells you straight up whether it's Cap+ or Con+. If it just says DMR and not (Cap+, Con+, TIII, XPT) then it's a conventional DMR frequency.

A Con+ system will have a control channel. There can be an active control channel and one or more backup control channels. But there will always be at least one control channel transmitting control channel data 24/7.

A Cap+ system does not have a control channel. None of the channels are spewing RF 24/7. When a Cap+ system becomes active, control information is sent on the active channel and the rest channel.

When you don't mention the system in the DB that you are questioning, that really leaves people hanging (and not wanting to answer your posts). You should include as much information as possible.

Based upon what I've told you above (and more importantly what DSDPlus has told you), is it a Cap+ or Con+ system ?

Also I'm not aware of a DSDPlus 1.51. Are you sure you are running DSDPlus and not DSD? DSDPlus and DSD are two separate applications. The latest public (free) version of DSDPlus is 1.01. If there has been / is a DSDPlus 1.51 it would be a Fast Lane version (which you would have donated for).

I have a feeling you are referring to DSD and not DSDPlus.

Mike

Greg2561

Premium Subscriber
DMR System DSD+

Hi Greg,

The easier way to determine if it is Cap+ or Con+ is to actually look in the bottom left of the DSD+ Event Log window. It tells you straight up whether it's Cap+ or Con+. If it just says DMR and not (Cap+, Con+, TIII, XPT) then it's a conventional DMR frequency.

A Con+ system will have a control channel. There can be an active control channel and one or more backup control channels. But there will always be at least one control channel transmitting control channel data 24/7.

A Cap+ system does not have a control channel. None of the channels are spewing RF 24/7. When a Cap+ system becomes active, control information is sent on the active channel and the rest channel.

When you don't mention the system in the DB that you are questioning, that really leaves people hanging (and not wanting to answer your posts). You should include as much information as possible.

Based upon what I've told you above (and more importantly what DSDPlus has told you), is it a Cap+ or Con+ system ?

Also I'm not aware of a DSDPlus 1.51. Are you sure you are running DSDPlus and not DSD? DSDPlus and DSD are two separate applications. The latest public (free) version of DSDPlus is 1.01. If there has been / is a DSDPlus 1.51 it would be a Fast Lane version (which you would have donated for).

I have a feeling you are referring to DSD and not DSDPlus.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the fast reply. I am using DSD+ 1.51, and I also have DSD+ 1.101. Attached are pictures with the info. The bottom of the event log window says DMR DCC:1.

The system in question is https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9170, and I didn't mention it because there is no further info on that system in RR.

After monitoring the system a bit longer, it appears that it is not a system at all, but rather conventional DMR with 8 different frequencies.

Thanks for the info though.

Attachments

• Photo Oct 27, 11 44 21.jpg
    Photo Oct 27, 11 44 21.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 194
  • Photo Oct 27, 11 43 52.jpg
    Photo Oct 27, 11 43 52.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

CanesFan95

The last photo on the bottom left where it says "DMR DCC:1" means it's DMR conventional color code 1. The "DMR" part is DSD+'s was of simply saying it's DMR conventional.

Status
Not open for further replies.