TG 3017 on SK PPSTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve5wil

Feed Provider
we know this is a police agency.
i had two ids showing up today in Moose Jaw , one being a unit in the field (at CP yard dealing with a venting tank car) and its com center. (both unencrypted). as the operation came to a close the field unit reported "returning to Regina".

Im wondering if 3017 could be CP Police, and if anyone in Regina may have input, or seen 3017 active there. if not CP police, not local city Police, which other police agency would have responsability in the rail yards

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I don't know if this will help, but the recent addition of CP Police to the Alberta radio system has seen us hear callsigns such as Whiskey Alpha 2 (WA2) for the field officers. Not sure if that callsign format would be the same for rail police elsewhere in Canada.

ve5wil

Feed Provider
i think this may be CP then. that sounded like the call sign i was hearing here (LR2)

Last edited:

ryan433pk

Premium Subscriber
LS1 2231975
LS2 2231973
Disp 2231977

LS1 and 2 are both Saskatoon units

Definitely CP Rail Police

Hearing callsign LM2 (2231972) as well, any users in Moose Jaw hearing activity on 3017?

Last edited:

ve5wil

Feed Provider
LS1 2231975
LS2 2231973
Disp 2231977

Hearing callsign LM2 (2231972) as well, any users in Moose Jaw hearing activity on 3017?

been hearing it daily. so far judging by call sings and areas they are in, it seems LS units are S'Toon based, LM are MJ based , and LR are Regina based - I'll add RIds i have to wiki

Cp railway

I am not hearing any of this at my location because there are no CP railway lines here.
Closest ones are 20 miles south and 30 miles to the north.
I was in a small town to the north and saw a CP Railway unit # L15267.
I do not think it was CP Police, just a pickup without a railroad kit on it.
Do the police units have LS1 / LS2 on the side of their units to identify them ?
What do their police units look like ?

ryan433pk

Premium Subscriber
I was in a small town to the north and saw a CP Railway unit # L15267.
I do not think it was CP Police, just a pickup without a railroad kit on it.
Do the police units have LS1 / LS2 on the side of their units to identify them ?
What do their police units look like ?

I can't recall if they've got unit markings on the vehicles or not.

CP Police run PI Utilities

http://policecanada.ca/policeca/sk/weyburn/WeyburnSK018.jpg
https://www.flickr.com/photos/antennawizard/18851379476/

Last edited:

ve5wil

Feed Provider
The CP Police cruiser in Moose Jaw dosen't have any unit id markings visible. its possible it may be on top of the cap of the truck, but i can't see that unless CP has an aviation branch

agarrett973

The CP Police in Winnipeg are using Lima Whisky call signs on the provincial radio system here, sounds like the call sign convention has some similarities to what your hearing in Saskatchewan, so your likely on the right track, with that being CP Police. Also the units here do not have unit numbers that seem to match any call signs. Not sure if it’s the same anywhere else but the CP Police here also use PTT phones, with the Motorola Wave service that is tied in to their talk groups on the provincial system, so we don’t always hear there traffic unless someone has a portable or mobile on which is also used to access with one of the other public safety systems here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saskwonder56

Have we found out if or what TG's CP Police are on in MJ? I have seen them a few times in town and sitting near the railroad tracks making sure people obey the stop signs at the tracks.

mciupa

Database Admin
Since you are in Moose Jaw, couldn't you use Close Call or Search on your scanner and report back to us?

Saskwonder56

Absolutely could do that, just gotta find them first ;) I have only seen them coming into town from the grid road at the railroad tracks doing enforcement the one day, Usually spot them at Tims with MJ Police or the McDonalds. Next time I see a cruiser ill sit near it and see if I get anything from a Close Call Search.

LS1 2231975
LS2 2231973
Disp 2231977

First time for me seeing unit 2231973 affiliated to my local site and communications in the clear seen from 2231977.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.