Anytone 878UV digital contacts screwby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stretchman

Those entries belong in the Talkgroups section, not contacts. There are several YouTube videos on using the CPS for the Anytone 868.

Yes, I agree. However, when the contacts list is imported, instead of appending itself to the talkgroup list, it overwrites it. Might be in the cps, or the firmware. IDK.

The only difference between private, group and all calls is the flag set for the call. I am guessing that they reside in the same segment of memory. I actually found that out by watching one of the videos for the 868, where they input talk groups first into the contact database software, and then, load it into the codeplug file. The talkgroup should be persistent, but for some reason, it isn't. The contact database overwrites it when installed. That's why it defaults to Contact1 which is the defaullt contact, and all other talkgroups and contacts are gone. Now, maybe, after loading the contacts file, it still works as it should, but I am not holding out hope for that. I might be able to manually enter the talkgroups from the keypad and see if it works, but I would probably have to go through and edit every single dmr channel I have as well.

Probably tweaking a simple statement in the actual code for the codeplug would fix it. I don't have the source, so I cannot say. The radios just hit the shores here about 2 weeks ago. This is probably a really simple fix. Other than that, everything else seems to be working as it should.

I totally understand where you are coming from. I am teh hackerz!

Stretchman

Just an update. I loaded the new 1.08 beta software, and actually got another contacts list to load. But the list itself wont load over 20K contacts. IDK if it's a firmware bug, or if my radio is messed up, but I can't get it to load any more than that. Frustrating, really. But at least I got Texas and New York in, since that's where most of the traffic seems to originate.

Didn't they have the same issue on the 868, which was corrected by pushing a new firmware? I have the 878, but I seem to remember reading something about it.

KD8DVR

Just an update. I loaded the new 1.08 beta software, and actually got another contacts list to load. But the list itself wont load over 20K contacts. IDK if it's a firmware bug, or if my radio is messed up, but I can't get it to load any more than that. Frustrating, really. But at least I got Texas and New York in, since that's where most of the traffic seems to originate.

Didn't they have the same issue on the 868, which was corrected by pushing a new firmware? I have the 878, but I seem to remember reading something about it.

This isn't a known issue with this radio. I've only had one instance of a messed up contacts list; but it was a different issue than yours. I suspect a bad radio. I've downloaded my contacts database from amateurradio.digital

Stretchman

This isn't a known issue with this radio. I've only had one instance of a messed up contacts list; but it was a different issue than yours. I suspect a bad radio. I've downloaded my contacts database from amateurradio.digital

Yeah, that's where mine came from. Could very well be a bad radio. I've tried everything else I can think of.

What firmware and cps are you using, if you don't mind me asking, and do you have a link where you got it?

For grins, I tried just under 40K contacts as well. Still the same. Talk groups get hosed, only show Contact1, 12345678, and no digital contacts in the radio. As soon as I load less than 20K, it comes up fine.

Last edited:

Stretchman

Quick update. I contacted my seller, and sent back only the radio itself, and they are sending me out a new unit. I will update once received.

Using my gd-77 for now. I miss my anytone.

Stretchman

To recap. Anytone AT-D878uv had issues with contacts. Sent it back to the seller, who shipped me out a new radio.

Issue appears to be fixed. Thanks all for the help.

Received the new radio. Have yet to QSO on it, but it has taken the contact list and my codeplug with no problems. Contacts do appear to be working as they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.