Frankhappyg

Premium Subscriber
Brimfield Police Dispatch appear to be Talkgroup 40552 ... not sure if this is a Talkgroup solely for Brimfield or might be a shared Talkgroup. I’ll wait a little while longer before submitting to database.
I think KSU Police dispatch Brimfield.

what tower site is that hitting off of on your end ?
\

KWs

Premium Subscriber
Coming off the Kent site.
I’m going to submit to database 40552 is Kent PD / KSU PD / Brimfield PD

Frankhappyg

Premium Subscriber
Coming off the Kent site.
I’m going to submit to database 40552 is Kent PD / KSU PD / Brimfield PD

Dedicated to the Kent tower (800MHz).
Was hoping to get it in better off the Shalersville or NEOMED (700MHz) sites. Good pick up though.

al_35

And more miami county changes, i've noticed today on their county site(not the state site) there is new voice channels now part of the rotation and all the old channels are silent. The control channel is still the same(859.7375) Call sign of new voice channels, WRCI840.

al_35

And more miami county changes, i've noticed today on their county site(not the state site) there is new voice channels now part of the rotation and all the old channels are silent. The control channel is still the same(859.7375) Call sign of new voice channels, WRCI840.
New voice channels-851.3375,852.8375,853.300

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Just heard Post 76 talking to dispatch about calling back "Hugh Janus". Me thinketh somebody gave a fake name lol

Ah, the wonderful life of public safety dispatching. Sometimes I miss it, but then sanity returns. . . .

KWs

Premium Subscriber
FYI - Heard coverage testing on talk group 40540 today, which I believe is (will be) Ravenna Police Dept.

Frankhappyg

Premium Subscriber
FYI - Heard coverage testing on talk group 40540 today, which I believe is (will be) Ravenna Police Dept.

Great.
Will added and keep ears.
Hopefully they add another tower to the east side of the county. Always hearing the SO complaining about the dead spots in the east.

KWs

Premium Subscriber
The volume on Ravenna PD on 40540 sure is awfully low ... at least on my HP-1.
I have the volume offset for that TG on +3.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
All,

Please post messages specific to the Stark County or Summit County migrations (talkgroups, radio IDs, etc) in the appropriate sticky thread for each system so the messages pertaining to that topic are in a single thread.

Tom

Last edited:

Steven_024

Premium Subscriber
Has there been any talk of what is going to happen to the Akron & Nimisila Site once the Summit County Simulcast transition is complete and is fully functioning? I doubt they are going to become part of the Simulcast but maybe go off line and relocated? Or possibly just continue operating as separate sites with the Simulcast on as well?

Steven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ibagli

51715: Encryption for five hours and counting, nonstop. Is this the open mic from hell or is there some way for data to come across as a voice transmission?

northernsummit

Feed Provider
I've started a Summit Co MARCS RID Wiki if anyone cares to add expand or modify
https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Ohio_MARCS_IP:_Summit_County_Radio_IDs

I have a database of RIDs if you really want them. I just have no desire to convert them into mediawiki markup language. If you put a 77 in front of them there is a really high probability that they're spot on matches. I'm also using that data to correspond new unknown talk groups to who they most likely are.

Pezking

51715: Encryption for five hours and counting, nonstop. Is this the open mic from hell or is there some way for data to come across as a voice transmission?
No. This is a programming failure. Nobody knows how to use time-out timers. The state needs to implement better ways to prevent such DoS attacks on the system.

mm68gto

Feed Provider
Problem BCD996T when I program Ohio MARCS in to scanner I'm getting TGIDs that I don't even have programed into the scanner. Anyone know why?

northernsummit

Feed Provider
Problem BCD996T when I program Ohio MARCS in to scanner I'm getting TGIDs that I don't even have programed into the scanner. Anyone know why?

Set your scan mode to ID Scan instead of ID Search. Free Scan defaults to the Search which in english equates to "play any talk group you hear"