Trying To Decode A DMR TIII System with DSDplus 1p101

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0LOE

I am trying to figure out and listen to a local 800Mhz DMR TIII system, that a local utility switched to about a year ago. I got DSDplus to start decoding the control channel, but all I am getting what I believe is errors. Is this because the signal I am getting is poor, or did I set something else wrong? I've included a screen shot of what I am getting on the roll of the control channel.

There is not much information for the system in the database https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9754 I am only about 7-8 miles from the Yankton site, the site I am trying to decode. I did find all the frequencies for the site in the FCC licenses.

Attachments

• Tier III System.jpg
    Tier III System.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 364

slicerwizard

Yes, there are errors, but most messages are decoding properly. You haven't provided any information regarding your RX chain - no equipment description/location or screen shots, not even an RX audio waveform.

KC0LOE

I am using two RTL-SDR Dongles, connected to two 800Mhz indoor Antennas. I seemed to get a better decode on it tonight with a lot fewer errors. I have also included a shot of the wave form.

Attachments

• Wave Form.jpg
    Wave Form.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 258
  • CC Roll.jpg
    CC Roll.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 258

EarHoles

Hey mate,
even thou im fairly new i noticed your reception is quite low,
could be affecting. i have attached mine,

also are you aware you are using a 3 year old version of DSD+?

good luck

Attachments

• rrr.jpg
    rrr.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 244

KC0LOE

I see now that I am using an old version of DSDplus. I am using two mobile 800mhz antennas indoors. They worked well when I was monitoring my city PD's Provoice system, but that site is much closer to me (2 or 3 miles) across town. Since I got my BCD996P2, it takes care of the Provoice now.

I'm using a roof antenna connected to a Rat Shack FM trap and 4-port PCT drop amp for my two traditional scanners. I am going to order two f-sma adapters and connect the dongles to the amp/outside antenna, and will update my dsdplus with fast lane and try again.

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
You would be very well off springing for the FastLane version. It is a small donation to the cause and I have found it well worth every penny and more.

TheButcher

Why run 2, 3 or 4 antennae guys ? F type connectors can be bought that pretty much attach to RG58C/U type coax. The RG-58C/U can be addapted to RG-213, or even better (at 800MHz), LMR400...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwKTluHE0yo

FL is a good investment. Much cheaper than a digital scanner or an RT. But us hammies are cheap!

TheButcher

ps. The F type I am referring to is identical to the belling-lee types with a screw for the centre and compression cord restraint for the braid. These are not the 'twist on' type.

slicerwizard

I am using two RTL-SDR Dongles, connected to two 800Mhz indoor Antennas. I seemed to get a better decode on it tonight with a lot fewer errors. I have also included a shot of the wave form.
What are all those spikes in the spectrum display? You seem to have some bad interference or overloading going on.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Why run 2, 3 or 4 antennae guys ? F type connectors can be bought that pretty much attach to RG58C/U type coax. The RG-58C/U can be addapted to RG-213, or even better (at 800MHz), LMR400...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwKTluHE0yo

In the video, the guy states that what makes the 4 way splitter digital, is the f type connectors. The f connectors make it digital.

Hmm, weren't f connectors invented in the early 50's buy a guy working for a cable tv company. Wasn't digital tv invented in the 90's?

Had to stop watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.