• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Hytera Wins Against Motorola in Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
Version 9 i series (i for innovation if you're Hytera, infringement if you're Motorola) is in compliance with the ITC ruling. Older versions have been removed from the website.

Version 9 pulled 3 features to meet the ITC ruling: TDMA direct mode, repeater rekeying after a TOT expires and short ID on digital scan, which I didn't know existed.

v9 adds OTAP, triples the number of quick GPS data bursts per minute, out of range indication for repeater operation and optimized PTT, which allows a user to start talking at PTT on a repeater rather than waiting for the go ahead tone.

matt131

QRT
Premium Subscriber
I personally love Hytera. Motorola has destroyed companies ie vertex standard their at one time competition. Whose next, Kenwood, connect systems, etc.....???

I heard Motorola contested 47 patents and the ITC only found 3 possible violations.
It sounded like Motorola's goal was to stop all Hytera sales of radios found to be in patent infringement and possibly have existing radios removed.

The big winners were the law firms involved

ottosykora

I have upgraded our test fleet to version 9 firmware.

So far I can not find anything not operating as before. Some new features added, some bugs corrected. The scann and pseudo trunk work as well. I have no means to measure exactly the time it takes in scanning etc.
Initially I heard some reports that there were some problems in data communication on dual slot, but this seem to work well too.

Motorola founded lot of the DMR sure, but after leaving all for years as it is, competitors did some work on their devices. Some features might not be part of the DMR standard now, who knows it might be later. DMR should be open standard and patents for every feature should really not be applied I think.
This only brings lack of interoperability between different makes.
This should be avoided, otherwise there is no more open standard, meaning end of DMR completely.

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin

ottosykora

I have here number of repeaters, PD78x and MD78x and PF70x with 9.x i version FW in it. Upgraded in last 2 weeks all.
The 9.x version was published I think in september or so.

wkredick

Motorola claims that it can't find any i-series products in use or available for sale anywere in the world.... just because they didn't look for them doesn't mean they don't exist. A lot of misinformation coming out with all these MSI press releases.

Desperate measures indeed by MSI. Malicious Slandering Information is my new nickname for these press releases related towards Hytera

matt131

QRT
Premium Subscriber
Desperate measures indeed by MSI. Malicious Slandering Information is my new nickname for these press releases related towards Hytera

I love your new name for MSI. I absolutely love Hytera products. MSI is horrible. I have seen lots of poor tactics used by MSI

N4KVE

I love your new name for MSI. I absolutely love Hytera products. MSI is horrible. I have seen lots of poor tactics used by MSI
Because they still think they’re the only game in town, & in the USA, price their products accordingly. I mean they charge hundreds of $ for that $10 tool to open the case of late model HT’s.

This article is 3 years old but points out how Motorola likes to add in long term maintenance contracts to systems it sells to keep their foot in the door (maybe more like everybody part but the foot in some cases).

https://blog.tcomeng.com/index.php/...-in-ems-police-and-fire-communication-market/

I went to a first net presentation today, I don't recall any of the equipment they showed being Motorola.

Our county signed a 10 year prepaid maintenance contract with them but then they started invoicing us on a yearly basis. The PSAP director sent them a letter and they figured out their mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.