Hardin County area

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
On the new P25 SETRRS system, it appears that the 'new', digital, talkgroups were derived by dividing the corresponding TGID on the old Type II SETRRS system by 16.

giant22000

Little late to the party here, but I saw someone mention P25 on the Silsbee site didn't sound to good on their BCD436HP. Mine is loud, clear and crisp sounding fwiw.

MaxxFire3

Premium Subscriber
Are you in Silsbee? My closet tower is the Bragg Tower and I've had some issues with that particular site on my 436....
As for the P25 traffic, it's the same problem found in almost all simulcast systems....loss of audio, garbled transmissions, missed communications. I have the same issue with the old 651

giant22000

Are you in Silsbee? My closet tower is the Bragg Tower and I've had some issues with that particular site on my 436....
As for the P25 traffic, it's the same problem found in almost all simulcast systems....loss of audio, garbled transmissions, missed communications. I have the same issue with the old 651

Ahh gotcha... I'm in Lumberton. I've been out of consistently scanning since the beginning of the year as I moved and had aquired about 100 AA Eneloop batteries over the years and lost them all during the move. Never turned up. :(

When I checked out the site today it was exciting to see P25 within range. So I decided to use some of those expensive alkalines laying around.

Nice to see another local enthusiast!

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I’m north of Kountze, and there is multiple sites you should be scanning, there is a Silsbee, Sour Lake, which is new, and a Beaumont along with the Bragg. that mine scans through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I don’t know about other scanners but my sds100 picks up the new P25 system a lot better than the older system. And Beaumont PD is always clear. My HP2 does really well also at home

giant22000

I don’t know about other scanners but my sds100 picks up the new P25 system a lot better than the older system. And Beaumont PD is always clear. My HP2 does really well also at home

Is the new Sour Lake site the 700mhz freqs linked earlier in this thread? If so, I'll just manually create that site in Sentinel and add freqs as they aren't listed in the DB yet?

I've never been able to pick up the Bragg site from Lumberton. Always keep it turned off.

Thanks for the info. ��

Last edited:

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Yeah it’s in the DB, and before that new site, when I went to Beaumont it didn’t pick us Hardin County at all, now it picks up great and shows Sour Lake as site and Beaumont sometimes

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
If you go to DB, and add the new P25 System, sour lake is one of the sites. Bragg is mostly for Kountze Fire, and older system I think, not Digital, I think

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Is the new Sour Lake site the 700mhz freqs linked earlier in this thread? If so, I'll just manually create that site in Sentinel and add freqs as they aren't listed in the DB yet?

I've never been able to pick up the Bragg site from Lumberton. Always keep it turned off.

Thanks for the info.

Yes, sour lake is the new 700mhz frreqs

MaxxFire3

Premium Subscriber
The last time I checked the Hardin County 700 frequencies there was no control chann
el activity

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Ive had my sds100 updated since the new system got updated, ive the new Sour Lake and Beaumont sites on it too, and before when i went to Beaumont, i never picked up Hardin County, now i pick it up great it when they come on, ive seen it using the sour lake and Beaumont sites. So far i have the sheriff dispatch, sheriff ch.2, sheriff tac 1 and 2, Silsbee pd 1 and Tac 1, Lumberton PD ch.2 and Acadian EMS Dispatch on the new system. It’s setup scanning with I’d search, so if anything comes up thats not programmed, it comes up as “unknown” and shows the TGID. Then i update my scanner with sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.