Funny/Odd things heard on the scanner

DJ11DLN

Just heard on the local school bus frequency (bearing in mind that it's mating season for whitetail deer):

"Well I didn't see Santa Claus but I just saw reindeer doing calisthenics so that's a good sign, ain't it?"

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Heard 30 mints ago on city pd
Disp to unit xxx respond to a address xxx for welfare check for someone states the house is haunted and sees ghosts.
Unit xxx enroute to location.

Thats not always a joke ya know

Yep. If they are claiming to "see" things, they could be on something which is one heck of a problem... :eek:

Anyway I did not hear this on a scanner but it is about one. This guy I work with says he got a "tandy" scanner for his 50th birthday. He said he overheard stuff on the state police Governor's Security Talkgroup, which is ENCRYPTED. The model # he claims to have doesn't even go above 512. If he says he can hear an encrypted transmission... He is in BIG trouble. He never had a radio.... :roll: :roll: When he said he had done this I asked him what type of encryption it was... NO ANSWER LOL...

DJ11DLN

Yep. If they are claiming to "see" things, they could be on something which is one heck of a problem... :eek:

Anyway I did not hear this on a scanner but it is about one. This guy I work with says he got a "tandy" scanner for his 50th birthday. He said he overheard stuff on the state police Governor's Security Talkgroup, which is ENCRYPTED. The model # he claims to have doesn't even go above 512. If he says he can hear an encrypted transmission... He is in BIG trouble. He never had a radio.... :roll: :roll: When he said he had done this I asked him what type of encryption it was... NO ANSWER LOL...

Sounds as if your co-worker is as full of...uh, stuff...as a Christmas turkey. I'd suggest that you take any future statements from him with not a grain but a full size 50-pound block of livestock salt.:lol:

Gimmie a Break

Sounds as if your co-worker is as full of...uh, stuff...as a Christmas turkey. I'd suggest that you take any future statements from him with not a grain but a full size 50-pound block of livestock salt.:lol:

Oh ya of course... I dunno why he said that... IF he had something that could break P25 encryption on a state TRS or if he figured out HOW, why he still working there? He would get either A. A Nobel for computing and or B. Massive jail time... I just kept my mouth shut... :roll: :roll:

wbswetnam

Heard this morning on the EMS channel...

EMS unit: "Dispatch, there's no emergency here. The man needed a change-out of his hearing aid battery."
Dispatch: (disgusted sigh) "EMS xxx back available at 6:45".

Just now heard someone get on the local police frequency and advertise scanners for sale at the local fleamarket.....:eek: It was NOT a cop! "HO HO HO Merry Xmas and hello out there to everyone in scanner land...."Let's just say they are NOT happy. Not making this up lol... :p

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I have heard now and then over time a strange repeating paragraph on a loop. I have heard it on some of the State Police channels as well as one or two of the iTalk channels around the state. It states the following:

"A sheen from the yellow path, a cruise in warm waters on a sleek yacht is fun. The curtain rose and the show was on, the young prince became heir to the throne. He sent the boy on a short errand."

I have no idea what it means or why it plays in a recurring loop on some of those channels, sometimes for quite an extensive period of time. I get irritated and have to temporarily lock out those particular state police or iTalk channels so it stops getting stuck on that random garbage.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
I have heard now and then over time a strange repeating paragraph on a loop. I have heard it on some of the State Police channels as well as one or two of the iTalk channels around the state. It states the following:

"A sheen from the yellow path, a cruise in warm waters on a sleek yacht is fun. The curtain rose and the show was on, the young prince became heir to the throne. He sent the boy on a short errand."

I have no idea what it means or why it plays in a recurring loop on some of those channels, sometimes for quite an extensive period of time. I get irritated and have to temporarily lock out those particular state police or iTalk channels so it stops getting stuck on that random garbage.

What are the particular frequencies you're hearing this on?

RFI-EMI-GUY

It is a diagnostic rhyme test for purposes of audio quality testing. Normally this is only done when testing a system after installation or major modification.

Or it could be you have stumbled on a covert communications channel for the Manchurian Candidate.

KB7MIB

I've heard this, or something similar, on a talkgroup for Scottsdale PD on the Phoenix area Regional Wireless Cooperative trunked system. And it is for testing purposes after an install or upgrade.

John
Peoria, AZ

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
It's been raining for awhile and had my radio on and someone said this.... There is a swimming pool in the road it's pretty big. Other person said it's raining outside....