MontCo upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
The best part of all this delay, is that Pottstown PD has been in the open for a few months now. Talk group 63309 digital. The way they talk, no wonder they don't want anyone listening to them.... radio SOP's, who cares, we do and say what we want , how we want ...........

royldean

The best part of all this delay, is that Pottstown PD has been in the open for a few months now. Talk group 63309 digital. The way they talk, no wonder they don't want anyone listening to them.... radio SOP's, who cares, we do and say what we want , how we want ...........

WHAT!!! I've been missing out on Pottstown all this time! Thanks for the heads-up!

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Yeah man, most don’t know because it’s beem previously encrypted. Lower pottsgrove and Pottstown are now dispatched off that talkgroup.

royldean

I'll add the talkgroup tonight.

I will say this, I lived in Pottstown for about 7 years, and dealt with the cops twice... both times the experiences were really good. I guess when the real issues in your town are jokers shooting up churches with an AK, then the cops don't tend to hassle the idiots who drive their racecars onto the public streets because it's easier to load them on the trailer that way. :D

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
I'll add the talkgroup tonight.

I will say this, I lived in Pottstown for about 7 years, and dealt with the cops twice... both times the experiences were really good. I guess when the real issues in your town are jokers shooting up churches with an AK, then the cops don't tend to hassle the idiots who drive their racecars onto the public streets because it's easier to load them on the trailer that way. :D

I write off the radio ediquett as past practice from previous administration , and being secluded from the rest of the county for so long. I deal with them reguraly for one of my jobs, and in person they are fine but I’m also on the other side of the handcuffs and not in them.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I would imagine they had the same issue that Upper Merion did...new radios for the Phase 2 system couldn't take the old encryption key for the current system, so they'll be clear until the changeover happens someday.

royldean

The best part of all this delay, is that Pottstown PD has been in the open for a few months now. Talk group 63309 digital.

Is this a new talkgroup? It doesn't appear to be in the RR database. Only 16944. Is there a Car-to-Car talkgroup?

[edit] Also, is this in the existing SmartNet system or the new P25 system?

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Ill double check again tonight when I get home from work, I may have copied a radio ID that was displayed.
But it is Listed as “ 16944 423 DE PD 12 Disp Police Region 12 Dispatch (Pottstown) “ on the database. Try that or use a wild card and it will definetly pop up.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Still waiting for this thing to go online. Its pathetic that I can get Berks County clearer on my unication G5 than I can RCV Montco on any of my APX and XTL actual county radios

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
I receive the "old" montco system perfectly on my 436. Strange.

The Local tower has been failing for years. There is a mountain that blocks this area from the closest tower, and the next two closest. Everything analog is barely audible for about a mile and a half , and forget digital.. It makes for responding to incidents pathetic..

royldean

The Local tower has been failing for years. There is a mountain that blocks this area from the closest tower, and the next two closest. Everything analog is barely audible for about a mile and a half , and forget digital.. It makes for responding to incidents pathetic..

I'm curious if the tower in the lot of my local township building (Lower Frederick) is a system tower? Maybe that's why my coverage is so good? Or it could just be the tower for the Plymouth Ambulance.....

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Is that tower map real? Six towers to cover the entire county? I have a hard time believing Montco has just six towers in their system. It is a large county. I think Bucks has at least 11 towers. Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

Those look to be the East system towers. There is a few more over here in the forgotten West portion of Montco

radio3353

Those look to be the East system towers. There is a few more over here in the forgotten West portion of Montco

OK. That makes more sense. But, I thought there was a Montco tower on Twining Rd in Upper Dublin (at or near the golf course)??

Also, will there be more towers for the P25 Phase 2 system that may come on line some decade?

Thanks.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Hey radio, I was wondering and I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere, I listen to Abington police from bucks for personal reasons. If the P2 simulcast system does go into effect some decade in the future isn't the police going to be encrypted anyway???

Status
Not open for further replies.