R30 Icom Case for IC-R30 - No Hole For Desktop Charger Contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4OBL

Authorized Personnel
Just received the Icom cover for the IC-R30 - and to my surprise, there are no holes in it for the desktop charger contacts to contact the radio. I don't mind charging the radio via the USB cord, and there is a hole in the cover allowing access to the USB input, but it is a shame I can't use the desktop charger with the cover on.

As for the radio, wow - it is really fantastic.

Hit_Factor

Do you have other radios that recharge via a cradle and has a carry case?

Seems like enough holes to accommodate charging while in a case would diminish the protection afforded by the case significantly.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Just received the Icom cover for the IC-R30 - and to my surprise, there are no holes in it for the desktop charger contacts to contact the radio. I don't mind charging the radio via the USB cord, and there is a hole in the cover allowing access to the USB input, but it is a shame I can't use the desktop charger with the cover on.

As for the radio, wow - it is really fantastic.

Who makes this case? Do you have a link to it?

KM4OBL

Authorized Personnel
Do you have other radios that recharge via a cradle and has a carry case?

Seems like enough holes to accommodate charging while in a case would diminish the protection afforded by the case significantly.

No, I don't have other radios that recharge via a cradle and have a close-fitting case, because I don't have other radios that recharge via a cradle.

Yes, holes to accommodate the charger would somewhat diminish the protection afforded by the case. On the other hand, taking off the case every time I use the desktop charging cradle would be difficult. I'm glad I can recharge the receiver with the USB connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.