New Xenforo RadioReference User Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesFan95

Aw, bummer. So we lose all our subscriptions. I also hate bright white backgrounds which is why I use FireFox with a dark plugin.

CQ

Great, another dumbed down fisher price web site catering to idiot-phones. Guess I should break out the 800x600 monitor.

Lets see if we got past the 90s image space limit.
51oid7jkEML._SX425_.jpg

And we need a dislike button. It's only fair.

Last edited:

ridgescan

Well a few of us asked about shack photos coming back and got no answer. I guess it's a goner:) I noticed my avatar is off-center and blurry.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Well a few of us asked about shack photos coming back and got no answer. I guess it's a goner:) I noticed my avatar is off-center and blurry.

Most likely because when we uploaded them on the old board, they had to be a certain size. And now they are being whatever you want to call it, they are being stretched to fit?

Blackink

Be patients folks.....be patient. It takes time to work any bugs out and/or make changes that benefit everyone.
Look at the new scanners that come out these days.....do they work perfectly right out of the box?!? Ah-hem....Uniden!

ridgescan

Most likely because when we uploaded them on the old board, they had to be a certain size. And now they are being whatever you want to call it, they are being stretched to fit?
Likely right Dave. I hope this means we can shoot a better quality avatar:) Meantime, far as the other aspects so far, the new diggs seem intuitive. And it looks like attaching files was made easier.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
This looks like it will take some time getting used to this new format. So far I'm not liking it.

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
When you guys get stuff lined out and stable, please consider putting the "Ignore More" add-on on your list of things to look at.

[TH] Ignore More

You don't know you need it until it's there, but wholesale ignore of certain forums (Politics, for example) can really clean up the clutter. Previously, we were able to ignore forms in the New Posts list by using ?exclude in the URL.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Which Tavern forums are you seeing posts from in the New Posts list? None of those forums should be showing up but I might have missed one or two.

kibler

Feed Provider
Maybe we could add a button which would let us pick our own background color! bright white background is hard on my eyes also! Thanks, all other features look good!

majoco

Stirrer
I'm trying to get my head around the titles of the posts - why are some in bold and some in 'normal' font? I thought it might have been the date of the last post entry but no - some are bold right at the top. Are they posts that I have previously looked at? No. I used to scroll down the page until the flags on the left hand side indicating "new entry" ran out but now the green icon flag is there all the time. What happened to the little lightning flash to indicate that I had posted in this topic - has that gone too... Hopefully the 'work in progress' will fix these things up. Otherwise I think it looks pretty good

Last edited:

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
Which Tavern forums are you seeing posts from in the New Posts list? None of those forums should be showing up but I might have missed one or two.

Not seeing any Tavern forums on New Posts. I remember having to exclude them explicitly on vB, but I may have done that at some point prior to you guys excluding them on the New Posts search.

Thanks for checking.

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
What happened to the little lightning flash to indicate that I had posted in this topic - has that gone too..

Threads you have posted in will have a small version of your avatar next to the avatar of the original post, like so:

Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 7.13.06 PM.png

You can see my black dog next to LB.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
I dont recall if it was there before the conversion...I cant see a way to edit how I get my watched forum emails. I usually get them every morning around 0100 since I think I had set them up daily and not every individual. Will there (or is there) a way to edit how we get forum updates via email? Just watching the past few days and I am not sure I am getting the summary email of everything that was posted the previous day. Seems more like individual posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.