TGID help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cino

My local fire and pd just went to viper but it has not been added to the database yet. I see that someone stumbled upong the ID but when I add them to my favs it doest seem to be working. i added them to my favs in sentiniel then loaded to my 436hp but no luck I have never tried to add anything manually so I figure im just not adding them in correctly. any guidance?
tia

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
In my opinion, you are attempting to monitor a very large system. In order to receive help, you need to be much more specific as to the area and agencies you want to monitor.

AlphaFive

Cino, I don't know how similar the 536 is to your 436, but I'll try. If you want Black Mountain P.D., and you already have a Favorite created, go to System on that one, you likely already have a System that exists. Under System list go to Department. here is where you likely want to create Black Mountain P.D. Create that NEW Department. While your in Department, then pick Edit Channel, there you can create 6040 as a T.G. that should be all you need to get everything. While your in every section make sure you clear all avoids. This should get you started

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
My local fire and pd just went to viper but it has not been added to the database yet. I see that someone stumbled upong the ID but when I add them to my favs it doest seem to be working. i added them to my favs in sentiniel then loaded to my 436hp but no luck I have never tried to add anything manually so I figure im just not adding them in correctly. any guidance?
tia

You probably have the talkgroup assigned to the default service type of "Custom 1". Check the favorites List where the TG(s) are stored and change the service type to one that more matches up to the use of the TG then make sure that Service Type is enabled within the main menu.

Marshall KE4ZNR

cino

thank you i will set that. I am pretty sure it did default to custom1

cino

so i have been trying to figure it out with not much luck. i have made a few changes in my favs but i still don't have it correct if anyone knows when it will be added to the data base or can provide some more direct info on what to put in my favs i would be very appreciative

on this link they are listed
https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/North_Carolina_VIPER_P25_Radio_ID's#County_VIPER_Radio_IDs
Buncombe County

• 2100xx - Mission Health System
  • 2105xx - Mission Health System
  • 210996 - Mountain Area Medical Airlift
  • 2112xx - Black Mountain Police Department
  • 215063 - Buncombe CO SO
  • 220000 - Buncombe CO SO
and i couple of users stumbled upon them in this link
https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/new-buncombe-county-tg-identifed.380232/

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It takes user input for the database to be updated, kind of like all of us collaborating on our local areas. For example someone like yourself monitors a system using ID Search On, and discovers new talkgroups by just listening. Once the scanner lands on a new talkgroup, the listener will monitor it for a while and intuit what it might be using "clues". (That might be something like on TGID 12345, you hear "Car A go to Service 1" and you hear Car A on TGID 56789, you can presume 56789 is Service 1.

After figuring these things out, users like yourself, or me for my local system, would submit the change for inclusion in the database.

Those numbers you refer to in the wiki are Radio ID numbers, sort of like radio serial numbers, that are programmed in the radios. That is so when someone pops up on the system they know which radio is talking. These are NOT talkgroup ID numbers you would program using your sentinel software. So that is why you are not hearing anything local.

marksmith

If you have viper system included in a favorites list, try just changing the system from SCAN to SEARCH.

Stuff will come in that is active on the system even though not programmed.

If you press ENTER when something new is active, you will get a menu option on the radio to add it, name it, description, etc.

Looks like 6040 is the talk group ID from the stuff you included.

Mark
SDS100/536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

Status
Not open for further replies.