Speaker mic suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparks40

Premium Subscriber
Hello. I'm looking for suggestions on QUALITY heavy duty speaker mics for single pin Yaesu (e.g. FT-60,FT-70D), and Kenwood style 2-pin models for a TYT MD-390G. I've been looking at Pryme Trooper mics, but i haven't been able to determine if the 2-pin models have a right angle connector, as one of their other models has a straight connector. I'd prefer an angled connector on both. Thanks in advance.

Matakovich1

I would go with factory mic. I have a Kenwood Tk2312 and I went aftermarket on it. With in a month the PTT broke. The part that plugged into the radio was too big to use the kenwwod lock to keep the mic in the radio. As for the Yaesu Inwould look for a factory one. If you go after market look at Otto mics. They are pretty good and I have one for my Motorola mtx850/ht1250.

wrath

There is no really good solution for the single pin Yaesu ,i just went with the one Yaesu makes . As for the Kenwood ,i bought the Kenwood 45D ,i think it is ,it's there waterproof digital military model SM ,you can't kill them and they have good audio , i have used this mic for 2+ years on my 74A and honestly don't know anyone with a better mic .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

bharvey2

Hello. I'm looking for suggestions on QUALITY heavy duty speaker mics for single pin Yaesu (e.g. FT-60,FT-70D), and Kenwood style 2-pin models for a TYT MD-390G. I've been looking at Pryme Trooper mics, but i haven't been able to determine if the 2-pin models have a right angle connector, as one of their other models has a straight connector. I'd prefer an angled connector on both. Thanks in advance.

I have one of the Pryme mics with the two pin connector for Kenwood and similar radio models. It has a right angle connector. It is ruggedly built and audio is pretty good.

wrath

I use the Heil on my mobile well on the bus ,it works great ,i have all the connectors for Icom,Kenwood, Yaesu and even one for my phone ,it's a handy little bugger although i don't remember exactly what changed but i have the original , they discontinued it and revised it ,I bought one for my little brother he has the new model ,and it escapes me right now the difference between them ,i bought mine originaly for my IC 7000 so I could plug the headset in well still Being able to have the hand mic connected .
Have you thought about a headset instead of a speaker mic? Heil makes a very good single sided headset with boom microphone specifically for HTs and makes it in versions for Yaesu, iCom and Kenwood. It costs around $30.

https://heilsound.com/products/handie-talkie-headset-hth/

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

KE0GXN

I own and use a Pryme Trooper mic with my FT-60 for about two years now. Bought it when I bought the radio.
Its very rugged, feels like an actual commercial mic and fits well in the hand. Sounds great too! I considered the Yaesu MH-34B4B mic, but it was just to "tiny" for my liking and it looked like a toy mic to me :/

Go with the Trooper, you will not be disappointed. The one I have is the Pryme Trooper SPM-2102, its a right angle connector.

kayleesdad

just got the pryme spm-2102 for the yaesu ft-70dr and ft-2dr.

so far the pryme is much better than the tiny yaesu mh34b4b that really wouldn't hold the earbud connection and that cost just a little less. than the pryme at gigaparts.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.