DMRPLX

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I am trying to trouble shoot why I can't work DMR simplex using the CS750 that I have. I have tried a couple of time with a fellow ham. We can work each other via analog 446.000, but when we switch to DMRPLX, I can hear him, but he can't hear me. I am simply using the codeplug that was available recently that I downloaded into my CS750. My understanding is that we need:

-RF frequency, which is 446.075 Mhz

-Timeslot, which is TS 1

-Color Code, which is CC1

-Talkgroup, which is TG99

-Admit Criteria: Always

-In Call Criteria: TX or Always

Anyway, can someone look at what I have programmed and tell me what I am missing?

I think it might have something to do with either the Admit Criteria or In Call Criteria.

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
Not for simplex. Originally, you could not have a time slot as the repeater would provide the timing for the TDMA. However, the ability to use a time slot was added later.

So, you may be able to use it, but it isn’t a necessity. Therefore, you must make sure both radios have simplex TDMA set the same.

On the Anytone, for example, simplex TDMA is a separate setting.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Not for simplex. Originally, you could not have a time slot as the repeater would provide the timing for the TDMA. However, the ability to use a time slot was added later.

So, you may be able to use it, but it isn’t a necessity. Therefore, you must make sure both radios have simplex TDMA set the same.

On the Anytone, for example, simplex TDMA is a separate setting.

Correct, however, he isn't using an Anytone. He is using a CS750. If I recall, a timeslot still has to be set on that radio, though it doesn't matter which one you use on simplex. You can use 1 or 2 and still communicate regardless of what the two are set for. But it still has to be set on that radio, if I'm not mistaken.

teufler

You mentioned you got a code plug. What is your id on the radio. It will have to be different than the radio you are talking to. I have several DMR radios and what ever one I am talking to, it has to have a different id than the one I am using.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Well, thank you to everybody for the replies. I worked with a fellow ham today and his DMR and my DMR worked great on DMRPLX! While I have no idea why my other friend and I couldn't talk, I am now inclined to think HIS programming is messed up, not mine!

Merry Christmas everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.