BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Radio changing channels oddity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings...

I recently purchased a used BCD436hp and have had/used it for a month with no problems. I hadn't change any settings on the scanner. However, I used the ARC536 Pro to add a new favorite file yesterday and now the radio will skip channels every time the squelch is broken. In other words, if I'm holding on a PD Channel 1 and someone talks on the radio...the radio will change itself to channel 2. If someone were to talk on channel 2, the radio will automatically switch to channel 3. Its bizarre.

I did the old holding 'Department, 2 , 9' to set the radio to default and that seemed to work. However, when I used ARC536 Pro again the radio started doing the same thing. Is there a (Weird) setting I am missing? Otherwise, anyone with thoughts?

Tim

Ubbe

Read from radio when it is working and the settings in ARC will change, or you have to reinstall ARC by first unistalling it and use some sort of registry cleaner or all settings are still left in the registry. I use the free iobit uninstall. Install to a new foldername just to be sure.

/Ubbe

Ubbe

It could be a negative delay setting but that is not a global setting so it seems to be a mystery and it's better to read the scanner to get the settings straight and go from there.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.