ID Tracker: ID Tracker III - V1.20.5 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

brscanning

• Improved BCD436HP and BCD536HP support.
  • Added BCD436HP/BCD536HP notes to help file. Please see the help file notes when using BCD436HP and BCD536HP scanners.
The HP scanner is not yet where I would like it to be. Currently the System Control dialog only supports 20 Favorites, Systems and Departments and I am looking at ways to expand this without increasing the window size. I am considering at adding scrolling regions.

Download: ID Tracker III

Change History: ID Tracker III Version / Install Notes

brscanning

Notes added to help file:
Uniden HP Scanner Support
The HP (BCD436HP/BCD536HP) scanners operate differently than the other scanners and require special attention to get the most benefits from ID Tracker. Please use the following guidelines when programming your scanner.
  • When using the System Control window single clicking will display items below the selected group. For example, clicking a Favorite will display all Systems within the selected Favorite. Clicking a System will display all Departments within the selected System.
    Double-clicking will toggle (enable or disable) the selected Favorite, System or Department.
  • Assign unique quick keys to all Favorites, Systems and Departments. This will allow ID Tracker to control Favorites, Systems and Departments from the System Control window.
    • Do not duplicate quick keys for Favorites.
    • Do not duplicate quick keys for Systems within a Favorite list.
    • Do not duplicate quick keys for Departments within a System.
  • Favorites should be limited to 16 characters. This limitation may be removed in the future.
  • Systems, Sites and Departments should be limited to 25 characters. This limitation may be removed in the future.
  • Systems with the same name in different favorite lists are treated as the same system.
  • If using Close Call, use "Do Not Disturb" mode. The radio does not correctly report the scanner's status after a Close Call check.

K4EET

Chaplain
Thanks David for your hard work which is greatly appreciated. I am getting ready to download the new version and take it for a Saturday afternoon drive. Looking forward to this... :)

73, Dave K4EET

<edit> Oops... Maybe a Sunday afternoon drive... I need to add Quick Keys (QKs) to my Systems and Departments per the new instructions. </edit>

K4EET

Chaplain
Oh wow!!! What a drastic difference! ID Tracker III - v1.20.5 is awesome! Many thanks David.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a super Happy New Year!

73, Dave K4EET

brscanning

Oh wow!!! What a drastic difference! ID Tracker III - v1.20.5 is awesome! Many thanks David.

73, Dave K4EET

Please check out V1.20.7 now on the web site. With time off of work I have been able to make further improvements. Let me know if you find any issues.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Please check out V1.20.7 now on the web site. With time off of work I have been able to make further improvements. Let me know if you find any issues.

Just installed V1.20.7 and have been noticing a minor display issue since V1.20.6, not sure if it is my issue or the program. The scanner display in the GRE Control app seems to freeze up, often times just after a call and doesn't restart displaying the scanning display (moving arrows, showing Scanlist name) until I press scan or it receives another call. Once it receives another call it changes to that information, but afterwards it doesn't show the display scanning.

brscanning

Just installed V1.20.7 and have been noticing a minor display issue since V1.20.6, not sure if it is my issue or the program. The scanner display in the GRE Control app seems to freeze up, often times just after a call and doesn't restart displaying the scanning display (moving arrows, showing Scanlist name) until I press scan or it receives another call. Once it receives another call it changes to that information, but afterwards it doesn't show the display scanning.

I dusted off my old GRE and it appears to still work. After Christmas I should be able to look into the problem. If you still have the previous version I would uninstall IT Tracker and reinstall the older version until I have time to check it out.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I dusted off my old GRE and it appears to still work. After Christmas I should be able to look into the problem. If you still have the previous version I would uninstall IT Tracker and reinstall the older version until I have time to check it out.

Like I said it's not anything major, and does not hamper the program from working, it was just a minor display issue. Appreciate you looking at it. FYI I'm using a RS Pro 197 scanner with the program.

K4EET

Chaplain
Please check out V1.20.7 now on the web site. <snip>

Oh WOW again!!! (y) I see a scroll bar for long Favorites Lists in the System Control window. Thanks!

QUESTION: One thing that I've been meaning to ask is this. The "bell function" dings every time a transmission begins on the scanner. Where is the setting to turn this OFF? I have searched everywhere but I cannot find the correct menu item to turn the bell off. I know that I'm passing over it without seeing the switch. :LOL: LOL! :LOL:

Other than that, I really like the way things are working now. No drips, no runs, no errors...

73, Dave K4EET

brscanning

Oh WOW again!!! (y) I see a scroll bar for long Favorites Lists in the System Control window. Thanks!

QUESTION: One thing that I've been meaning to ask is this. The "bell function" dings every time a transmission begins on the scanner. Where is the setting to turn this OFF? I have searched everywhere but I cannot find the correct menu item to turn the bell off. I know that I'm passing over it without seeing the switch. :LOL: LOL! :LOL:

Other than that, I really like the way things are working now. No drips, no runs, no errors...

73, Dave K4EET
Great! For the beep I am assuming this is coming from the scanner and not the application. On the scanner try Menu, Settings, Adjust Key Beep. Set to off.

brscanning

Like I said it's not anything major, and does not hamper the program from working, it was just a minor display issue. Appreciate you looking at it. FYI I'm using a RS Pro 197 scanner with the program.

I have been running my GRE scanner for 20 minutes and have not seen the problem. My GRE uses the exact same code as your Pro 197 so that should not make a difference. I might need some more details to reproduce the problem. What displays do you have open in ID Tracker? What type of systems are you scanning? Conventional, Motorola Type II, digital trunked, etc? Does it hang after a conventional frequency or trunked ID?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I have been running my GRE scanner for 20 minutes and have not seen the problem. My GRE uses the exact same code as your Pro 197 so that should not make a difference. I might need some more details to reproduce the problem. What displays do you have open in ID Tracker? What type of systems are you scanning? Conventional, Motorola Type II, digital trunked, etc? Does it hang after a conventional frequency or trunked ID?
Sent you a PM with link to vídeo showing issue I'm asking about. Let me know if that helps explain it.

K4EET

Chaplain
Great! For the beep I am assuming this is coming from the scanner and not the application. On the scanner try Menu, Settings, Adjust Key Beep. Set to off.

David, no, the beep is not coming from the scanner. The setting you told me about was already set to "OFF" by me when I got the scanner two years or so ago. This "ding" is the computer's bell. It only "dings" when ID Tracker III is running. It does not "ding" when I have ProScan or ARC536PRO running alone. It must be coming from ID Tracker III. I gather your scanner/computer combination is not "dinging" at the beginning of each transmission like mine is. Very nerve wracking! LOL! :ROFLMAO:

73, Dave K4EET

brscanning

David, no, the beep is not coming from the scanner. The setting you told me about was already set to "OFF" by me when I got the scanner two years or so ago. This "ding" is the computer's bell. It only "dings" when ID Tracker III is running. It does not "ding" when I have ProScan or ARC536PRO running alone. It must be coming from ID Tracker III. I gather your scanner/computer combination is not "dinging" at the beginning of each transmission like mine is. Very nerve wracking! LOL! :ROFLMAO:

73, Dave K4EET
In the System Settings, Settings tab, check the Alerts setting. Mine is set to None. This is done on a per system basis so you may have to check several systems if you do not know which one is causing the sounds.

brscanning

Sent you a PM with link to vídeo showing issue I'm asking about. Let me know if that helps explain it.

Thanks for the video.

This looks like the application is simply responding very slowly. You might want to check to see what else is running on your system. Perhaps virus scanning software. I use an application called Process Explorer to diagnose these types of issues. Try this out to see if ID Tracker or some other application has a high CPU usage.

Process Explorer - Windows Sysinternals

I have attached a screen capture of my system. ID Tracker is only using 0.14% CPU. My total CPU usage is only 4.90%. Please let me know what you find.

Also, in ID Tracker press the F12 key to display the debug window. See if you are getting any errors.

Attachments

• ID Tracker.png
    ID Tracker.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the video.

This looks like the application is simply responding very slowly. You might want to check to see what else is running on your system. Perhaps virus scanning software. I use an application called Process Explorer to diagnose these types of issues. Try this out to see if ID Tracker or some other application has a high CPU usage.

Process Explorer - Windows Sysinternals

I have attached a screen capture of my system. ID Tracker is only using 0.14% CPU. My total CPU usage is only 4.90%. Please let me know what you find.

Also, in ID Tracker press the F12 key to display the debug window. See if you are getting any errors.
Yes looking at system usage (and I definitely use a lot at the same time) it appears my anti virus and browser (at refresh times) uses a great amount of the resources which is most likely the problem.

Thanks for taking a look.

brscanning

Yes looking at system usage (and I definitely use a lot at the same time) it appears my anti virus and browser (at refresh times) uses a great amount of the resources which is most likely the problem.

Thanks for taking a look.
One other thing, if you recently reprogrammed your scanner be sure to reload the scanner image. In the Global Settings under the Program tab check the Reload GRE Image. Reprogramming the scanner without doing this will cause issues.

brscanning

That was it... Mine was set to "Unidentified & Priority". Thanks!!! 73, Dave K4EET
Good. The intention of that feature was to alert you if you want to following a high priority or unknown ID. If you do not set the appropriate flags for each ID or frequency I can see where that it could get very annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.