Monroe PD (Green County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Greetings...

I noticed I haven't been hearing Monroe PD on the Green County feed (https://www.broadcastify.com/archives/feed/13891) on Broadcastify. I checked the RRDB and it shows they are P25 now. Does anyone know if they are P25-Encrypted or just P25? The feed provider states he is using a BCD996p2 which would be able to handle the digital.

Tim

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
Last time I was in the area, 15th of December, I was hearing them in the clear. Wonder if the feed provider ever changed the channel to a P25 one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ts442k9

Premium Subscriber
From Green County,
All frequencies that are P25 also have a DES option in the county and local PD radios. For example. The Sheriff's channel 2, 155.610 is labeled Analog P25. Channel 2, named GRSO 2 Secure and Channel 3, named All-County Secure have DES encryption. However, they have the same TX and RX as the P25 clear channel. The EMS repeater also has the option to use DES as well.

Monroe PD also has three different channels listed, all with the same TX and RX. Channel 2 is Monroe PD Tac using DPL. Channel 3 is Monroe Tac P25 using standard P25 and Channel 3 is Monroe PD Tac Secure using DES.

Tim

Thank you for clearing that up, I'm trying to help someone who lives in the area but hadn't heard Monroe PD for while.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.