• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

PTT Tone on XTS5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wilsm03

Does anyone know how to enable PTT tone on an XTS5000 model II using Astro25 CPS V20 ? Its for a coventional astro transmit

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Clear tx tone under secure options.

If you're referring to the trunking ptt hack I wouldn't recall but it involves fooling the radio into thinking it's using a dvrs. There is videos on yotube and somewhere here with detailed info.

But the tpt hack DOES transmit over the repester so everyone will hear dtmf sounds when you keyup using the tpt hack.

W

Wilsm03

I cant find the tx non secure phone or figure out how to activate it. I know there has to be a way lol. Help

W

Wilsm03

Im finding it very hard to believe that none of the brilliant minds of radio reference geniuses know how i can make this radio have a ptt tone lol. Come on guys

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
When you say ptt tone are you referring to mdc1200 signalling, the useless ptt tpt hack tone? I assume you're wanting the dvrs ptt hack?

I've beer had use for it so never tried it but it's out there.

Mdc1200 is in signalling. You can get a ptt pre keyup alert (short side tone, or side tone) if it's pre mdc.

The tpt hack may sound like a trunking radio on your end keying up but to others it'll be a dtmf sound which may annoy others or a system admin may say something.

There should be a video on YouTube tpt hack. I never bothered to look back then but I know it just involves fooling the radio to think there is a dvrs being used.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
You can have Motorola PTT tones all day long on a Chinese radio, you can't have them on a Motorola unless your on a trunking system or use the DVRS hack which has its quirks as I'm sure you will discover in short order. Have fun with that. Sing tone PTT can be had in the secure tab of a conventional personality.

W

Wilsm03

Got it. Just enable mdc system. Got a mixed mode recieve now astro and non astro but thats ok cause im getting trunked signals anyways lol so probably wont here any interference hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.