• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Indicator light on recieve

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wilsm03

Hello yall. For some reason my top indicator light on my XTS5000 does blink red when I'm recieving. It use to on my XTS3000. Can someone simply tell me where in cps this option may be? Thanks

W

Wilsm03

Ok so the Busy led light is already selected on the conventional personalities. But im scanning trunked personalities thru the conventional personalities auto scan by just parking on conventional to avoid affiliation. So would that be why the Busy Led isnt working?

ResQguy

Meh
Ok so the Busy led light is already selected on the conventional personalities. But im scanning trunked personalities thru the conventional personalities auto scan by just parking on conventional to avoid affiliation. So would that be why the Busy Led isnt working?
Motorola radios don't have busy lights when receiving trunked modes. Since forever.

W

Wilsm03

Help it has! My screen says BRICKED in vold letters!!! Haha

W

Wilsm03

My momma always said if ya have nothing nice to say......well u know the rest

clbsquared

You were also scanning that system from a non trunking radio using conventional channels. Hence, the red light would blink to show a busy channel. When a Talkgroup is active on a trunking set-up, the red light will NOT blink. If you do see it blinking, even just a blip, your radio is attempting to transmit/affiliate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

romanr

As I recall, the XTS5000 Model I (no display) would blink the red LED on top when scanning but the Model II and Model III would not - but maybe I remember this wrong and it was during signal receive that the Model I Red LED blinked. All of our XTS5000s are long gone, so maybe someone can check this out and share the answer with the OP and the rest of us....

Status
Not open for further replies.