Seminole County, FL - Scanner help

Status
Not open for further replies.

eptreyg

I've just relocated to Florida, and my current receiver that I use at the office doesn't do trunked systems - and I'm guessing from the data bursts on the listed freqs, that Seminole County fire is trunked. As this is my first trip into getting a scanner that does trunked systems, how do I make certain I'm getting a scanner/receiver that will pickup/decode the trunk system that is in use here? I'm aware of the FL mobile scanner law, so looking at a handheld or base unit that I can transport when traveling out of state or just leave in the shack.

JetWayOps

Banned
Banned
I've just relocated to Florida, and my current receiver that I use at the office doesn't do trunked systems - and I'm guessing from the data bursts on the listed freqs, that Seminole County fire is trunked. As this is my first trip into getting a scanner that does trunked systems, how do I make certain I'm getting a scanner/receiver that will pickup/decode the trunk system that is in use here? I'm aware of the FL mobile scanner law, so looking at a handheld or base unit that I can transport when traveling out of state or just leave in the shack.

Revealing what scanner, coax and antenna you're using will probably elicit some manner of local helpful advice. The database for Seminole County seems to indicate their dispatching via an alpha-numeric platform and in-house alerts are via VOIP. Happy New Year and GOD bless.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.