SDR On Raspberry Pi

Status
Not open for further replies.

faff29

Feed Provider
I have been able to install and get running SDRTrunk on my Raspberry Pi. There are 2 things I am stuck on though and hope someone can help.

1. SDRTrunk locks up after a short while I think due to processing power of a Pi but not sure on that, is there a way to resolve this issue.

2. How do I add alpha tags? I have gone through the different area of alias in SDRTrunk but can't seem to get tags to work. I have used both the Dec and the Hex while trying to get this to work.

Thank you!

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
2. How do I add alpha tags? I have gone through the different area of alias in SDRTrunk but can't seem to get tags to work. I have used both the Dec and the Hex while trying to get this to work.

Which decoder are you using? If it's a P25 system, the alias IDs have to be in hex format with 4-digits for talkgroups and 6-digits for radio identifiers, using leading zeros (0) as necessary.

When the next release is available (0.4.0 alpha 6), it will let you simply use the decimal talkgroup or radio id value.

Denny

faff29

Feed Provider
Which decoder are you using? If it's a P25 system, the alias IDs have to be in hex format with 4-digits for talkgroups and 6-digits for radio identifiers, using leading zeros (0) as necessary.

When the next release is available (0.4.0 alpha 6), it will let you simply use the decimal talkgroup or radio id value.

Denny

Thank you for your response. I am still a little confused. When I click on aliases, I enter a name for the alias and then audio/identifier I put the 4 digit hex code. What if anything am I missing?

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for your response. I am still a little confused. When I click on aliases, I enter a name for the alias and then audio/identifier I put the 4 digit hex code. What if anything am I missing?
Each alias that you want to assign to a channel has to have a common/shared alias list name, and the channel configuration has to have the same alias list name. That's how the aliases are attached to the channel and then matched to activity on the channel.

faff29

Feed Provider
Maybe both issues are that you run out of work memory? Type top to get that live status screen.

/Ubbe

I am only using 1 SDR-RTL at the moment, do you know if a 2nd SDR-RTL will help this issue or will it not matter and I am just stuck based on the limited capabilities of the Pi?

Status
Not open for further replies.