PSR 800 Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgowen44

Feed Provider
Hi all

I have acquired a PSR800 and would simply like to program it. I do not need to listen to DMR or anything else. Where can I find the software to program this radio? Do i have to pay for upgrades? Everything seems confusing. I do not care to have DMR as I have other radios capable of that.

kgowen44

Feed Provider
Yea. I cannot find anything except for dead links. The GRE websites are all gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simmsrep

Premium Subscriber
The link by DJ11DLN worked for me. I see the page is not secure using chrome. Maybe check your security settings.

Last edited:

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
That would be for a stock psr-800, if it has had the legacy upgrade done ( you tell by seeing the whistler logo when you boot it up) then you will have to go to whistlergroup.com and download ezscan for the ws1080

DJ11DLN

The link worked for me before I posted it, I always try stuff before I put it up. Another option is to send it to Whistler, who for a nominal $60 fee will convert it to a WS-1080 that will use the Whistler firmware, DSP, and E-Z scan versions. It will get you some added capabilities including DMR plus future support.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Hi all

I have acquired a PSR800 and would simply like to program it. I do not need to listen to DMR or anything else. Where can I find the software to program this radio? Do i have to pay for upgrades? Everything seems confusing. I do not care to have DMR as I have other radios capable of that.

I sent you a PM with the link to the programming software. Let me know if you also need the drivers...and also remember that it gets tricky to install it on a WIN10 machine since the files are not properly signed (from GRE) and windows will have you go through the process of using unsigned drivers...

kgowen44

Feed Provider
I sent you a PM with the link to the programming software. Let me know if you also need the drivers...and also remember that it gets tricky to install it on a WIN10 machine since the files are not properly signed (from GRE) and windows will have you go through the process of using unsigned drivers...
Hi there.... I never got you PM

ochf13

Premium Subscriber
The link worked for me before I posted it, I always try stuff before I put it up. Another option is to send it to Whistler, who for a nominal $60 fee will convert it to a WS-1080 that will use the Whistler firmware, DSP, and E-Z scan versions. It will get you some added capabilities including DMR plus future support.

Is it worth it for upgrade?

DJ11DLN

Is it worth it for upgrade?
The upgrade basically converts the scanner into a WS-1080. It improves just about everything about the PSR-800 with more modern firmware and DSP, and there's future support in case something buggy is found and needs updated. In my opinion, yes it is well worth the price. It's $60 if your scanner is working and doesn't need any other repairs, I don't know where people are coming up with $80 or $120. Here's the link to the page for Legacy Upgrades on the Whistler site: Upgrade Your Pro-18, Pro-668 or PSR-800 Scanner

ochf13

Premium Subscriber
The upgrade basically converts the scanner into a WS-1080. It improves just about everything about the PSR-800 with more modern firmware and DSP, and there's future support in case something buggy is found and needs updated. In my opinion, yes it is well worth the price. It's $60 if your scanner is working and doesn't need any other repairs, I don't know where people are coming up with $80 or $120. Here's the link to the page for Legacy Upgrades on the Whistler site: Upgrade Your Pro-18, Pro-668 or PSR-800 Scanner

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.