New Lincoln / Lancaster County P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t use unitrucker in a few years. It looks to me there are sources popping up look like tg? But my voice sdr isn’t going after.

I tested and works with edacs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

aandersen55

I haven’t use unitrucker in a few years. It looks to me there are sources popping up look like tg? But my voice sdr isn’t going after.

I tested and works with edacs

I haven't been able to get Unitrunker to decode P25 voice on the new system or the state system. EDACS works fine on it. To decode P25 with unitrunker you have to install some other software to decode the digital voice signal like in Phase 2 P25 transmissions.

I haven't been able to get Unitrunker to decode P25 voice on the new system or the state system. EDACS works fine on it. To decode P25 with unitrunker you have to install some other software to decode the digital voice signal like in Phase 2 P25 transmissions.
I have dsd+ and used this on the state system before. I'll have to keep playing with this more and see if it works.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
From your screenshot, talkgroups 12101 and 12103 are showing service “P4”. “P” in the service column means it is encrypted (privacy). “4” means it is designated as a priority talkgroup, with a normal priority status.

It’s not looking good for future monitoring considering these talkgroups that are likely future dispatch talkgroups are encrypted.

aandersen55

Can you hear Tac2? for some reason my SDR does not go after it. I've tested and works with NSP
I'm not getting it there. I'm getting it fine with my handheld scanner. It's a Phase 2 system, so I'm wondering if that's why SDR isn't decoding it well.

From your screenshot, talkgroups 12101 and 12103 are showing service “P4”. “P” in the service column means it is encrypted (privacy). “4” means it is designated as a priority talkgroup, with a normal priority status.

It’s not looking good for future monitoring considering these talkgroups that are likely future dispatch talkgroups are encrypted.
Yes. Lincoln's Public Safety Director said all law enforcement talkgroups will now be encrypted in Lincoln/Lancaster County. Everthing else will stay open like Pub Works and Fire.
Click Here For The Interview/Story & Details

melona380

Premium Subscriber
Hey all,
So weird question and sorry im not familiar with p25 P2 but I have uploaded an IQ file of what my rtl-sdr v3 is hearing and it seems to be off.
And before you ask:

I have 4 dongles tested and the all give the same noise on the control channel.
I have also tried a dipole and shorter whip antenna that is vhf/uhf however it has never given me issues in the 800mhz band.

also the are a few transmissions playing in the bandwidth recorded so feel free to make sure those sound good too!
also using trunk-recorder which uses OP25 I cannot get it to decode the control channel however unitrunker decodes the control channel.

Does this control channel sound correct?

IQ WAV FILE: SDRSharp_20190103_074701Z_854687500Hz_IQ.wav

melona380

Premium Subscriber
Hey all,
So weird question and sorry im not familiar with p25 P2 but I have uploaded an IQ file of what my rtl-sdr v3 is hearing and it seems to be off.
And before you ask:

I have 4 dongles tested and the all give the same noise on the control channel.
I have also tried a dipole and shorter whip antenna that is vhf/uhf however it has never given me issues in the 800mhz band.

also the are a few transmissions playing in the bandwidth recorded so feel free to make sure those sound good too!
also using trunk-recorder which uses OP25 I cannot get it to decode the control channel however unitrunker decodes the control channel.

Does this control channel sound correct?

IQ WAV FILE: SDRSharp_20190103_074701Z_854687500Hz_IQ.wav

Just want to add an edit with the current OP25 compiled on ubuntu 18.04 I am decoding the system I have tg 12502 TDMA playing can confirm it is a phaze II system
Capture.PNG

May have to meet up some time to set this up. I’m more of windows person.

I don’t understand why LPD/LSO couldn’t do like they did before with there pro voice TG and leave other stuff open.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
As the transition continues, please be VERY specific on the talkgroups and who. The current EDACS system has a bunch of generic talkgroups on it that has accumulated over the years, and I'd like to keep the current system as clutter free as possible.

I have some of the framework in place already, but its easier to add and to maintain the database when we have good solid information.

I'll be rearranging the EDACS system over the next week or so to bring it in our standards for the remaining life it has. There is a bunch of backend cleanup that needs to be done, so there will be some noticeable and not so noticeable changes coming.

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
If they aren't encrypted off the bat, LSO will be the first major group to test the new system/radios, as they have the biggest county coverage so keep an ear open for them. After that, pending any major issues or things that need fixed, LFR will likely be next but all others will take off pretty quickly after that it seems.

If they aren't encrypted off the bat, LSO will be the first major group to test the new system/radios, as they have the biggest county coverage so keep an ear open for them. After that, pending any major issues or things that need fixed, LFR will likely be next but all others will take off pretty quickly after that it seems.

The testing they are doing now it’s encrypted for law-enforcement. It shows p4 on unitrunker. LFR has been open.

Status
Not open for further replies.