• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX00 portable custom boot images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
I assume you are referring to the NX5x00 series?

I don't have access to the software right now, but I have used a photograph. And added personalization onto the image.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I'm just using the stock "NexEdge" one that Kenwood supplies on our NX-410's and NX-900's. At one point Kenwood offered to make us a custom one, but I never took them up on it. One of these days I'm going to sit down and figure out how to make my own. Would love to hear how you did yours.

I'm just using the stock "NexEdge" one that Kenwood supplies on our NX-410's and NX-900's. At one point Kenwood offered to make us a custom one, but I never took them up on it. One of these days I'm going to sit down and figure out how to make my own. Would love to hear how you did yours.
It seems like it's a .BMP image. Should be easy enough to do in Paint, I think.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
To get the bmp perimeters, on the custom startup screen, enable it, click on the folder, then exit from the file select, hit F-1.

The file size is portable, monochrome 48x120 pixel
Mobile is monochrome 24x132 pixel

I have made several in the past for others.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.