RadioFeed Alpha Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFR85

I'm a newbie. I have BCD996XT and BCD996P2. I would like to broadcast alpha tags but I have no idea on how to get started using on Radio Feed. I'm very new to the alpha tags. Can someone explain to me I would greatly appreciate it.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Using radiofeed click on the Metadata tab. Set the scanner type and port.
3769984e719da474b94bbaa92eaf781f.jpg

NFR85

I'm using a CVM switch to access my other PC and when click on Port there is no option but "None" I even click on Auto Detect and there is nothing there.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Do you have a serial port or USB Serial port adapter on that computer? You will need one to physically connect the scanner to the computer.

NFR85

Do you have a serial port or USB Serial port adapter on that computer? You will need one to physically connect the scanner to the computer.
I do not. I think that is my problem. Did not know it needed that.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
The scanner will need to be physically connected to your computer in order for the alpha tag data to be sent to your PC.
Once you have the serial cable, a usb to serial adapter, or the Uniden USB-1, then go into your scanners settings and setup the Serial port.

For the BCD996P2, you can use the USB cable, but you will need the Uniden USB Drivers. Once you have the drivers loaded and installed, connect the scanner to the computer using the USB Cable. The BCD996P2 will connect as a serial port. RadioFeed will then have that port listed as a drop down and you can then send alpha tags from the 996P2 to your live feed.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
For your BCD996XT, that should work. Just remember you need to plug in the Uniden Serial Cable into that. The Uniden cable plugs into the front of the scanner.

For the BCD996P2, you just need a USB cable.

NFR85

For your BCD996XT, that should work. Just remember you need to plug in the Uniden Serial Cable into that. The Uniden cable plugs into the front of the scanner.

For the BCD996P2, you just need a USB cable.

So for the P2 just need USB but 996XT I need 2 plugs. 1 Uniden Interface that goes into the front to the PC and the USB-Serial correct? If so my scanners are not near the PC so I would need a longer cable wire for the front.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Each scanner needs just one cable for the text tags. I don't recommend using the BCD996P2 front port due to a driver to scanner communications problem. If the computer reboots then the scanner stops responding to polls from RadioFeed(or any other software). Only way to resolve it is to power cycle the scanner or re-insert the USB cable. I would use the rear DB-9 connector along with a null modem adapter and a USB to RS-232 converter. A null modem adapter swaps pins 2 & 3.

NFR85

Each scanner needs just one cable for the text tags. I don't recommend using the BCD996P2 front port due to a driver to scanner communications problem. If the computer reboots then the scanner stops responding to polls from RadioFeed(or any other software). Only way to resolve it is to power cycle the scanner or re-insert the USB cable. I would use the rear DB-9 connector along with a null modem adapter and a USB to RS-232 converter. A null modem adapter swaps pins 2 & 3.
Would this work?

https://tinyurl.com/yd6vdxx2 : RS232
https://tinyurl.com/y9ry4pfg : Null modem

NFR85

Can someone please advise if the above link would work to for my scanner for Alpha Tags. Thank You

NFR85

Ok the RS232 does not fit on the back of my BCD996P2. The link that I provided. I even bought the adapter and will not fit in the back. Does anyone know what the adapter should be? The link that Nick223 provided is a female and the one I bought looks like male. But the adapter should change that into female no?

nick223

Feed Provider
Don’t you need female to female null modem with an serial cable? The picture you have there is male to female.

nick223

Feed Provider
I use the cable I provided in the link and I have some setup with a serial cable with the null modem adapter on a 996p2 scanner and they work perfect. Also check your bruad rate or whatever it’s call is set correctly.

NFR85

Don’t you need female to female null modem with an serial cable? The picture you have there is male to female.
Okay thank you Nick. I will buy the one that you provided. With the link above

NFR85

I ran into a problem. The computer cannot find FT23r USB UART. Here is what I did.

1. I searched online for drivers and got Windows was unable to install your FT23R USB UART.

2. I downloaded the correct Bit version to my computer. It was located in my download. I clicked on "Update Driver" Then clicked on search computer and clicked on downloads since that's were it was saved. It's not located there. I found a site that had step by step instructions and did not work. Any ideas?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Is the driver that you downloaded in a .zip format? If yes then extract the files to a folder then try again with "Update Driver"

NFR85

Alright. I have everything up and running with the Alpha Tags. Thank You Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.