BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Setting a Priority Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLCScanner

Feed Provider
I have looked online and followed every step to setup a priority channel in my favorites list but when I go to turn it on it briefly shows its on then displays

Priority Scan,
No Channel Selected

I dont know what I am doing wrong if some can help. Thank you,

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
There are two different types of "Priority". One is for conventional systems, which is called "Priority Scan Mode" and the second is for trunked systems, which is called "Priority ID Scan".

What you see is associated with the conventional system priority. There are two settings, one is in the Profile editor until miscellaneous settings, the second setting is to select a channel/frequency to be the Priority Channel. Once you have made those settings, your scanner will need to "see" the channel assigned as the priority. It cannot be Avoided (either the channel itself, the department or the System) or the Department/System/Favorites List Quick Key off, or be off due to Location Control operation. Another thing would be the Service Type for the channel to not be enabled.

Lots of little stuff to check.

SLCScanner

Feed Provider
There are two different types of "Priority". One is for conventional systems, which is called "Priority Scan Mode" and the second is for trunked systems, which is called "Priority ID Scan".

What you see is associated with the conventional system priority. There are two settings, one is in the Profile editor until miscellaneous settings, the second setting is to select a channel/frequency to be the Priority Channel. Once you have made those settings, your scanner will need to "see" the channel assigned as the priority. It cannot be Avoided (either the channel itself, the department or the System) or the Department/System/Favorites List Quick Key off, or be off due to Location Control operation. Another thing would be the Service Type for the channel to not be enabled.

Lots of little stuff to check.

Im in Salt Lake City on the 800 MHZ Trunking System. Im guessing thats why its not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.