CareFlight Medical Helicopter Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorwinScansNM

Happy new year of 2019 everyone & to another possible good year of the scanner hobby!! :)

I have been wondering for some time now & am now asking/looking here for if anybody knows what the CareFlight Medical Helicopter Frequencies are that are used here in NM for air medical transports by them? I hear bits & pieces of CareFlight (5) Medical Helicopters off & on during random days of the week when they are communicating on (National Rotor Wing Air to Air) frequency which is, 123.0250 Mhz. However, I don't have or can't seem to find any direct New Mexico frequencies for them on the Internet or on RadioReference. Any help, frequencies or information on their possible frequencies is appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Happy new year of 2019 everyone & to another possible good year of the scanner hobby!! :)

I have been wondering for some time now & am now asking/looking here for if anybody knows what the CareFlight Medical Helicopter Frequencies are that are used here in NM for air medical transports by them? I hear bits & pieces of CareFlight (5) Medical Helicopters off & on during random days of the week when they are communicating on (National Rotor Wing Air to Air) frequency which is, 123.0250 Mhz. However, I don't have or can't seem to find any direct New Mexico frequencies for them on the Internet or on RadioReference. Any help, frequencies or information on their possible frequencies is appreciated. Thanks!

I'm a little surprised that no one's responded to your question . . .

I would guess (and believe me, this is only a guess) that the Careflight Medical Helicopters are, at a minimum, equipped with the standard, nationwide 463.XXX MHz med channels and perhaps some local interoperations channels such as State Fire (154.130) and maybe even State Police car-to-car (155.550) if they respond to accident scenes. There are also some "NM Medevac" channels listed in the New Mexico section of the RadioReference database that you might want to check out. Those seem to be FM frequencies specifically assigned to three local service providers, and Careflight might also have something similar for company communications.

You might also run an FCC license search for frequencies assigned to Careflight, but you'll probably need to know the exact name under which the licenses were applied and granted.

Hope this helps . . .

-Johnnie

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Try 463.075

463.075 is only one of several nationwide medical-channel frequencies. I believe it's med channel number four, and you'll only hear Careflight on it if they're using it to contact a hospital that uses it as a primary channel.

I recommend that the original requester program all the local med-channel frequencies (I think there are around 15 or more of them) in his/her receiver for hospital traffic and search the FCC database to see if there are any other interoperability or company frequencies specifically assigned to Careflight.

Hope this helps!

ecps92

Better off to program the input 468 side as well, to hear the Helo as many regions do not use these as Repeater pairs, but in Duplex mode.
https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Emergency_Medical_Services_Radio#UHF
There are 39 pairs of UHF possibilities

463.075 is only one of several nationwide medical-channel frequencies. I believe it's med channel number four, and you'll only hear Careflight on it if they're using it to contact a hospital that uses it as a primary channel.

I recommend that the original requester program all the local med-channel frequencies (I think there are around 15 or more of them) in his/her receiver for hospital traffic and search the FCC database to see if there are any other interoperability or company frequencies specifically assigned to Careflight.

Hope this helps!

CorwinScansNM

Hope this helps!

You are 100% correct on that Kc5igh. The 463.0750 MHz frequency provided by Ham_Bone is a National Interoperability frequency listed under UHF MED Channels & is not independently linked to or directly for CareFlight Medical Helicopters.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=7742

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
If you dont find anything listed under their name try searching private radio service providers, aka 2-way radio shops.
IN dallas/fort worth, CareFlite medical helos and ground units operate on a privately owned 2-way radio shop DMR Connect Plus UHF trunking network.

Status
Not open for further replies.