Petersburg City Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

NS9710

Does anyone have an idea what frequencies the Sheriff uses? I have yet to see a license or any information posted about their radio use but I hear Police reference being called on the radio for assistance. TIA

W4UVV

Petersburg is a "pure" APCO Phase 1 trunked radio system. It is not one of several stand alone single repeaters. There is no one frequency assigned permanently to a user in a trs.

If the Petersburg system was correctly installed including talkgroups identifed correctly, excluding the Sheriff "30", which obviously was not programed, it should display the talkgroup number only.

TG 30 = Sheriff

John
W4UVV

W4UVV

There is no 30 series TGRPs in the system that I can find.
--------------
The talkgroup will have to be added to your scanner's Petersburg trs data file. For scanner programing help go to the appropriate RR forum for your scanner model and post a "help me" message. I cannot help you any further.

John
W4UVV

NS9710

--------------
The talkgroup will have to be added to your scanner's Petersburg trs data file. For scanner programing help go to the appropriate RR forum for your scanner model and post a "help me" message. I cannot help you any further.

John
W4UVV

I’m familiar with my Uniden BCD396XT, I have scanned nothing BUT Petersburg TRS, and I have it to search for any active talkgroups in the system if I have them programmed or not, and I have yet to see any TGRP with a 30 series. Are they fully encrypted?

W4UVV

And as I’ve said, I hear a bunch of units ID as a 30 series, are these the same?
--------------
I have no idea what you are looking at. Uniden mutes encrypted trs talkgroups and skips them. The Sheriff;s Office probably is encrypted if you don't hear this talkgroup but you hear other talkgroups. I highly recommend you go to this link: Easier to Read BCD396XT Digital Scanner Manual and read and reread until you understand each of the subject matter areas discussed. If you still need help go to the main page of RR FORUMS, scroll down and select "Uniden Forums" and post a "help me" message within that forum for a 396XT scanner. Again, I cannot help you any further.

John
W4UVV

Status
Not open for further replies.