SDS200 Archived Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
The FCC documents say it's a standard type receiver, probably a copy of the BCD536HP receiver, why reinvent the wheel, and not a sat-box receiver chip. So it will with high probablility be the exact same performer as a BCD536HP.

/Ubbe

Nope. Not a clone of the 536HP.
Marshall KE4ZNR

phask

Premium Subscriber
Well, I'll probably be mounting this unit in my vehicle console... having access to the rear of the radio would require complete removal from the console. Yes, it is disappointing that it does not have WiFi or bluetooth for that matter.
Use a add on wifi, 20-40 bucks. Same for BT.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys,

Asking if a glitch from a 5 year old radio will be present in the new one is like asking if Ford cars still explode today since they made the Pinto half a century ago. Or asking if Samsung phones still catch fire in your pocket since the one model had battery problems. In other words it's stupid, asinine, and ridiculous, and we all know you're only doing it to stir up ****. So go away and let this thread be for discussing the new radio - post your hate in one of the other 76 million threads you've made about your complaints over the years.
You mean I finally have to trade in my 1973 Pinto that I bought new? Unless UPMan is actually Nostradamus, or Uniden intentionally designed the 200 with a known flaw, there's no way to know now what's happening years down the road.

Hit_Factor

I noticed in the video the squelch is set at 7. Seems pretty high
It could be, maybe conditions warrant a high setting.

Settings of 1, 2, 3 ... are kind of arbitrary anyway. Maybe 50 is as tight as it gets. We'll find out more I'm sure.

73, K8HIT
Icom: IC-7300 IC-PW1 ID-5100A ID-51A Plus 2 IC-R30 Hytera PD782G Uniden SDS100 DVMega SDRplay RSPduo

spotscan

I know this is a "mobile" scanner, but many of us will keep it on our desks. I wish there was feet, possibly stationary rear feet with flip down front feet to keep the scanner at a angle for easy viewing, even a flip down bail in the front would be nice. The mobile mount on the desk is not visibly appealing
Count me in!

ansky

I know this is a "mobile" scanner, but many of us will keep it on our desks. I wish there was feet, possibly stationary rear feet with flip down front feet to keep the scanner at a angle for easy viewing, even a flip down bail in the front would be nice. The mobile mount on the desk is not visibly appealing
Count me in!

I agree, I hate the look of the mobile mount on any scanner. I assume that bracket is removable. Then you can just buy little plastic feet at the hardware store and stick them on the bottom. I have done that with some of my previous scanners.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
*NOTE: This post is some good natured ribbing...all in good fun!*

DalPjwU.jpg

d9vpWjR.jpg

***GOOD NATURED FUN***
I own GRE/Whistler Scanners so this is some good natured ribbing.
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I assume that bracket is removable. Then you can just buy little plastic feet at the hardware store and stick them on the bottom. I have done that with some of my previous scanners.

The bracket is indeed removable. You can do exactly what you lay out above should you wish.
Marshall KE4ZNR

trp2525

For those looking to place an order for the SDS200 right now, The Ham Station and Zip Scanners are both currently accepting SDS200 orders on their websites for the same price of $699.99 with FREE shipping included by both sellers. In addition, Zip Scanners is offering to install the NXDN, DMR and ProVoice upgrades in your new SDS200 scanner for the price of $89.99 EACH.

The Ham Station SDS200 order page: SDS-200 base version of sds-100 JAN/FEB Uniden Sds-200 Digital scanner [] - $699.99 : The Hamstation!, Your one stop on-line source for amateur radio fun.

Zip Scanners SDS200 order page: SDS200 Police Scanner | Uniden Handheld Digital Police Scanner

Last edited:

phask

Premium Subscriber
I agree, I hate the look of the mobile mount on any scanner. I assume that bracket is removable. Then you can just buy little plastic feet at the hardware store and stick them on the bottom. I have done that with some of my previous scanners.

Like previous, bracket comes NOT attached, also 4 of the feet are included. It's been this way since day1 of DIN size Uniden scanners.

stantorres

The giant silver knob looks awkward. Lack of remote head is disappointing. DMR/NXDN "licensing" is a scam IMHO. Keypad looks good. Audio sounded good in the YouTube clip. $499 would be a no-brainer, $549 tops. $600's to $700's is a stretch. Maybe if all the "upgrades" were included, $599 could be justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.