SDS200 Archived Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Jeff at The Ham Station for the easy sale this morning ya'll make it easy to buy.
Just a note: I tried to order my SDS100 via phone, and now the SDS200 from Hamstation via phone - but both times nobody answered. I ordered successfully via their website, although the transaction would not finalize using the Chrome browser on Win10. It did complete using the MS Edge browser. Should have been easier.... (I eventually ordered the SDS100 from Zip Scanners and that was an unsat experience.)

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
On the topic of why I wanted to see the manual:

- Interested in how the Ethernet functions. So many questions here; does it appear as a device on your network and can you access its "drive" (storage) all the time, thru Windows Explorer, even when it is operating? A "live" video showed someone running commands over eth from a computer. Is that just a dumb terminal program like putty or are we getting some semblance of a user interface? I would imagine the file transfer of both recordings and programming data is much faster over eth than it is over USB1.1 (or whatever USB level all older Uniden USB scanners have used).

- Also intrigued by the USB ports on front and in back. Two micro-USB "in" and one USB A "out". The only thing I've seen commented on that so far is that the A port is "for future expansion". I have seen others comment that the micro-USB port is present on the SDS100 as a secondary port and that someone theorized it was for I/Q-out, but that nobody knew for sure.

- Lastly curious on what GPS units are compatible. Is an RJ11-terminated device common? I haven't seen that kind of thing before, most of mine are either 9-pin serial or bare wires.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I used chrome and win 10 pro
Can't explain why it didn't work, but I'm using a fully updated Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 running Win 10 Home 64bit, and the most recent Chrome browser. Chrome could not complete the transaction. Likely a shopping cart issue.

Last edited:

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Guys and Ladies,

For the ones who ordered the SDS-200 scanner does HRO charge the debit/credit card when you order the scanner or when it ships? I never ordered anything before it releases from HRO before.

4436time

In Gov't We Trust
Premium Subscriber
There are Ethernet cables available with multiple 90 degree angle connectors for those who don't want something sticking straight out the front.

1547158893679.png

1547158857850.png

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Guys and Ladies,

For the ones who ordered the SDS-200 scanner does HRO charge the debit/credit card when you order the scanner or when it ships? I never ordered anything before it releases from HRO before.

I copied and pasted from the HRO Site.

The Uniden Bearcat SDS200 is the new Base/Mobile Version of the Very Popular SDS100 Scanner. This new Uniden scanner is expected to have similar features as the SDS100 plus some extra enhancements. Check back often for more information on Specifications, Pricing and Availability.

The SDS-200 has NOT been formally been released by Uniden for sale in the United States.

This is not an offer to sell this Scanner.

By purchasing this reservation for you are entitled to a first right of refusal on a first come, first serve basis when this receiver becomes available to be shipped by Ham Radio Outlet.

You may cancel your order at any time and apply your deposit to the purchase of any other item or keep it on your account at Ham Radio Outlet indefinately.

Your reservation deposit is refundable at any time but non-transferable.

Once this Scanner is offered for sale by Uniden with officially announced pricing and is available to be shipped by HRO, you will be contacted directly to complete your order.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
After the SDS100 experience I'll be waiting for reports and probably for one to appear used for a good price (yeah, that will be a while). Putting the ethernet port on the front is a definite face-palm decision as others have mentioned and really, really sucks, since it would be sweet to have it on my network once I finally get one, and since having any ethernet cable coming out of the front prevents a truly clean install and will look tacky any way you cut it. Anyone installing this on a network would logically want the port on the rear so it just makes zero sense. Also, it actually amazes me that in that large of a case Uniden couldn't have simply installed a WIFI card and put a female SMA on the rear for an external 2.4 Ghz WIFI antenna. I think that scanner manufacturers might do well to hire someone out of the mobile tech industry to show them how to do things in a more modern and efficient way.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
First, as I said previously, I really like the design - it has a rugged look and I like the larger display. That said, it won't fit in my radio console in the truck where the 536 is currently...so, if I do buy one it'll stay in the house, unfortunately. Trade off, I suppose. Of course, they haven't completely written off the chance for a remote head (there are several ports on the thing...) so maybe there is something in the works for that. THAT would be nice.

I'm anxiously awaiting what Whistler announces, too - Uniden may remain the leader or they may get overtaken. We shall see. This 200 looks good, though.

dfw1193

Not sure but I ordered and paid by paypal for mine from HRO today on the site currently didnt show any in stock at any HRO locations but price was $699 like others. I figure they will charge paypal when they are ready to ship shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.