SDS200 Archived Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbswetnam

Can we assume that the GPS puck is included with the unit (like with the 885), and is not an accessory for additional cost?

belvdr

No longer interested in living
What is the point of people making posts about why they won't buy a radio that isn't even out yet?
What is the point of people making posts about why they will buy a radio that isn't even out yet?

It's just conversation.

The LAN jack's proximity is interesting. Even with right-angled connectors as mentioned before, how far does the knob protrude from that? Further, it appears like it would be difficult to remove the Ethernet cable with the proximity to the knob.

Seems like an odd place, and it might have been better to simply use a USB-to-Ethernet adapter when required. Of course, I'm basing this all on a few photos so it may be a moot point.

EDIT:
Same reason people post saying they will buy a radio that isn't out yet, its called discussion.

So is the waterfall mode shown in the video ever going to be realised on any of the SDS range or is it always going to be just a demo?
Woops, looks like I duplicated the discussion. Look out! LOL :)

Last edited:

Tramagod

Can anyone tell me how rugged it is ? Water wise, vibration etc...,,,Will it survive if coffee gets poured on it ?
The SDS100 has that JIS4 (IPX4) rating...How about the SDS200 ? It looks like the keyboard is a completely different style...is there a water resistant membrane on the back side ?

Will it hold up in a public safety enviorment ?

I can’t imagine water resistance concerns unless it’s mounted in a boat or a convertible application. I’ve worked in a public safety environment for 40 years often with my own scanner and never had it exposed to water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tramagod

Can we assume that the GPS puck is included with the unit (like with the 885), and is not an accessory for additional cost?

A portable puck wasn’t included in the previous generations like the x36 series and the SDS100 which are all gps capable so I would see no reason to make that assumption.

wise871

Database Admin
If you listen to the audio on the demo post #279 it is stated that they beta testers have a remote head for testing.

Do you have a time stamp because I thought I heard him say he was using his laptop as the remote and controlling the scanner. Also I noticed he had to power cycle the scanner at the 48:XX mark. If it was a remote head he could have done it from there.

Last edited:

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Question for beta testers :

Is the keypad backlit
If so does it exhibit any problems with
equal distribution of light over all keys

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Question for beta testers :

Is the keypad backlit
If so does it exhibit any problems with
equal distribution of light over all keys

From the announcement in the first post:

"Backlit Keypad".

Did you look at any of the videos showing the SDS200 working?

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
The reason I asked the question was the SDS100 does not
show a problem in some videos but can be seen in person
where some keys are not fully backlit.
Was wondering if sds 200 had same problem !

noaim

Premium Subscriber
I’m also wondering if I want the sds200. The screen size is appealing . I have the Bcd536hp with upgrades but still find myself wanting the sds200 on looks alone .

I agree that it looks awesome but I have a sds100 536 and 436 I’m just not thinking that it’s worth the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Uniden's SDS200 audio capture of DMR over LAN, piped through VLC with scanner being controlled by RH utility for Beta Testers.

I saw someone comment on this earlier but I didn't see a response: Your squelch setting at 7 is what some of us would consider abnormal. My 436 and 536s live at 2 all day long quite happily. Is this something unique to the SDS radios or your personal preference or what?

jasonhouk

I saw someone comment on this earlier but I didn't see a response: Your squelch setting at 7 is what some of us would consider abnormal. My 436 and 536s live at 2 all day long quite happily. Is this something unique to the SDS radios or your personal preference or what?

Personal preference for when I listen to railband. I've not seen any adverse effects on other bands in my testing.

Houk

phask

Premium Subscriber

No idea for Jason's example, but I keep both (100 & 200 ) at 2.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I set my SDS squelch at 2 as well, same for most scanners I own. I just set it for when it barely breaks then back a bit and that is usually 2-3 on the squelch setting. Air band a bit higher, I think, on my 2035/125AT. Maybe 3-4? Guessing here.

mrf1022

A couple of questions:

Does the scanner advertise via mDNS/Bonjour on the network or do you have to know what the IP is ahead of time?

Will the scanner automatically select a default IP address if one isn’t assigned via settings or DHCP? Thinking of the scenario where I want to connect the Ethernet port of the scanner directly to the Ethernet port on my iPad for mobile programming.

Is there any authentication on the scanner’s network services or is it totally open?

I’ve already ordered one and plan to answer these on my own so I can build out an app I’ve been working on (in my spare time for the 436/536) but any info before I receive mine would be helpful.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone had luck ordering from The Ham Station? I can't get through on any of the phone numbers and there doesn't seem to be a way to order on line.

W5RGP

Has anyone had luck ordering from The Ham Station? I can't get through on any of the phone numbers and there doesn't seem to be a way to order on line.

Ordered mine from them last night online no problems

Status
Not open for further replies.